Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Pe-2 late series colours
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 10:06:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pe-2 late series colours  (Read 7735 times)
Libor Jekl

« on: May 10, 2007, 10:15:50 AM »

Hello all,

I am trying to figure out the question whether the late-war Pe-2 machines might be camouflaged in AMT grey colours. I have came across this issue when discussing with my Czechoslovak SIG friends the Czechoslovak machines, which were handed over by the Soviets to the newly established Cz AF after the WWII. These planes were of 359 Series and according to the witnesses it wore Dark Green colour on upperside and Light Blue on undersides. However, on some pictures the upper color looks pretty light (some sources mention there was at least one example in overall light grey flown in Poland?) . Does anybody know if there is clear evidence of AMT grey colours being used on Pe-2? Might the colours varied depending on the factory (Zavod) as in the Il-2 case?
Many thanks for any help!

Regards,
Libor
huevans

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 02:17:30 PM »

The "In Action" book notes that "several" all light grey Pe-2 Series 359's were exported to Poland after WW2. No more precise information was given re numbers or possible Zavod origin. As well, page 32 features a photo of two all light grey Pe-2 Series 359's with red star markings that one would presume are Russian-flown. Again no further info or any indication whether this was purely a post-war colour scheme or not.

Hope this helps.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 09:57:12 PM »

Hi,  Smiley
in "colors of the falcons" of Jiri Hornat there is a template from January 1945 VVS album with a grey/dark grey scheme for Pe-2. At present time, I have not knowledge enough of Pe-2 to say if planes with such scheme are recognizable in photos.
Massimo
Libor Jekl

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 09:18:04 AM »

Thanks for your help guys! Smiley

Libor
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 02:28:20 PM »

Hi, Smiley
do you need the scan of that template to compare it with photos?
Massimo
Libor Jekl

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 09:14:05 AM »

Hi Massimo,

Yes, that would be fine!  Smiley

Thanks,
Libor
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 11:19:43 PM »

Hi Libor, Smiley
here is the template of grey/grey Pe-2

Please, let me know if you find photos confirming the use of such camo on real planes.

Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 08:13:25 AM »

Hi, Smiley
I've found this profile of grey/grey Pe-2 on Avions n.158, It fits well to the template.

Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: