Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Book "Aircraft Soviet aces 1941-1945" by M.Bykov
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 12:46:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Book "Aircraft Soviet aces 1941-1945" by M.Bykov  (Read 12638 times)
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« on: August 28, 2014, 09:18:19 AM »

Hi,
I found interesting info at airforce.ru forum - Mikhail Bykov is going to publish new book http://owl-99.livejournal.com/tag/%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%BA%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%B0%20%D1%81%D0%B5%D0%B1%D1%8F

"Книжка "Самолеты советских асов 1941-1945" готова и сдана в редакцию. Когда выйдет - не знаю, вероятно весной, к 70-летию Победы, а может и раньше. По содержанию: 150 цветных профилей (по схеме 1 самолет - 1 летчик, кроме Кожедуба, у него 3 машины), 350+ фотографий (не считая портретных). Текста минимум -  краткие справки о пилотах и подписи. Машины, по большей части, известные, но есть и новый материал. Большое спасибо всем, кто помогал в работе. Родина вас не забудет Smiley
Постепенно собираю материал для 2-й части (надеюсь, первая будет иметь успех), так что любая помощь по-прежнему актуальна и приветствуется."[/
i]

"Book "Aircraft Soviet aces 1941-1945" is prepared and submitted for publication. When will be out - I do not know, probably in the spring, on the 70th anniversary of the victory, and perhaps earlier. By content: 150 color profiles (1 scheme per 1 aircraft - 1 pilot, except Kozhedub, he has 3 schemes), 350+ pictures (not including portrait). Text at least - a brief overview about the pilots and signatures. Machines are mostly known, but there is also a new material. Many thanks to all who helped in the work. Motherland will not forget you Smiley
I gradually collect material for the 2nd part (hopefully the first will be a success), so any help is still relevant and welcome."

Regards,
   66misos

learstang

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 06:14:35 PM »

Looks like another book for my collection, even if it is in Russian (I can read Russian captions fairly well, at least). Thank you for the information, 66misos!

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
66misos

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 11:36:34 AM »

Hi,
here is more info about this already published book:

Example pages from the book: http://www.labirint.ru/books/540514/, here is one of them:

Discussion about the book: http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?p=221200

Regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 09:58:31 PM »

Hi Misos,
thank you for posting the scan.
Is the book written both in english and in Russian?
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 10:18:39 AM »

Hi Massimo,
seems the book is bilingual - Russian/English - both pictures show the same chapter:

Also photos&profiles descriptions are bilingual (Russian/English):

This is quoted from the discussion - link in my post above:
"I have just received a new book by Mikhail Bykov, titled Samoleti Sovetskih Asov (The Aircraft of Soviet Aces). It is bilingual, Russian and English. Hard pictorial cover, no dust jacket, 197 by 255 mm (thus roughly 8 by 10 inches). 160 pages. 148 aces covered, with 150 color profiles. Almost all aces have a photo of the ace (3 exceptions), plus a photograph of the aircraft profiled (2 exceptions). There is a 4 page discussion of markings in Russian, with a 3.5 page English translation. There is no list of victories (how much can you fit into a bilingual 8 by 10 inch page), but see his 2014 book (All Stalin's Aces -- not bilingual!).
Highly recommended.
As a little statistical exercise, I counted the number of profiles of each aircraft type. Thus: I-153 (1), I-16 (4), P-39 (32), P-400 (2), P-40 (7), Hurricane (1), MiG-3 (4), Yak-1 (20), Yak-3 (6), Yak-7 (6), Yak-9 (19), LaGG-3 (9), La-5 (7), La-5F (Cool, La-5FN (12, thus a total of 27 for La-5 types), La-7 (12).
I purchased my copy from Viktor Kulikov in Moscow (email: viktor_kulikov@mail.ru). The cost was $29US, including air mail. Took less than two weeks to arrive. Payment for me was by PayPal to a friend of Viktor's in the US. I do not know how he handles payment from the Eurozone, or the UK (or any other currencies). He may still be able to get Bykov's 2014 book on Soviet aces (All Stalin's Aces). He may also have a list of available books.
I have bought books from Viktor for many years, with no problems. "

Regards,
   66misos

bbrought

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 12:16:57 PM »

By the way, I have also bought from Viktor Kulikov (who is an accomplished author of early Russian and Soviet aviation himself) for many years. As described, payment is via paypal. I can recommend him without any hesitation: You get what you ask for very quickly, and he will absolutely go out of his way to find something for you even if it is not in his list. He has even found out-of-print books for me in the past. He is so reliable that I would buy from him even if you could find something a bit cheaper somewhere else. Shipping is actual shipping cost, and he usually scans and sends you the shipping receipt, so you know exactly where your money went.

BA Broughton
learstang

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 09:13:03 PM »

I've also dealt with Mr. Kulikov quite a bit and found him to be very reliable. In my case, I've purchased the rights for many of the photographs that appear in my books. Viktor has quite a collection of VVS photographs. I just might have to contact him about this book - it looks interesting.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Johann

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2016, 10:51:08 PM »

Again Kozhedub aircraft as of May 45 are not properly painted ...
And on the stroke side number or he could not be red. (The big question is why all its red paint?)
66misos

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 03:11:55 PM »

Neither Rechkalov's Cobra is OK - at least there should be dots behind letters - R.G.A. - and it should be positioned closer to the tail, plus some other details...

66misos

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: