Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Yak-9U "22" single-grey
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 10:41:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yak-9U "22" single-grey  (Read 5589 times)
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« on: September 11, 2014, 01:02:46 PM »

Hi,
here is interesting profil and photo of Yak-9U from http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_9320_start_360.html:

Although board no. "22" and decoration is very similar to Grib's plane, according to info at scalemodels.ru it is not Grib's one, because Yak-9U were very rare in Black Fleet in general and non of them were in Grib's unit.

Plane seems to have single quite dark grey painting (AMT-12?) while engine front top cover looks like NMF.
Regards,
   66misos
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 12:04:53 PM by 66misos » Logged

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 07:51:05 PM »

Hi Misos,
interesting profile indeed, thank you for posting it.
The link to the photo doesn't function, so I had a look to it on the Russian forum.
I don't think that the cover is NM, maybe a lighter shade of grey. The light color extends partially on the lower part of the nose. I suppose it is a piece from anothere plane with the usual camouflage that didn't received the dark (grey?) overpainting.
Regards
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 08:22:58 PM »

If you look closely at the photo, there's what appears to be a white rose marking just ahead of the cockpit, but I don't think it's Lidya Litvyak's aircraft either!  Grin

John
KL

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 10:00:46 PM »

From what I remember, this particular Yak-9U was preserved as a "gate guardian" somewhere in Russian Far East (or Siberia?).  In 1990es plane was sold to Doug Champlin and today is in Paul Allen's collection, displayed at Museum of Flight in Seattle.  More at http://www.museumofflight.org/aircraft/yakovlev-yak-9u-frank

The photo above was taken in 1990es, before the restoration.  At that time the plane was painted in spurious colours and markings; the plane had markings of the famous Grib's Yak-9D. Plane is currently painted to look like the 5th giap Yak-9U flown by GSS G. Bayevskii in 1945:

« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 01:24:26 AM by KL » Logged
Troy Smith

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 03:28:32 AM »

I don't think that the cover is NM, maybe a lighter shade of grey. The light color extends partially on the lower part of the nose. I suppose it is a piece from anothere plane with the usual camouflage that didn't received the dark (grey?) overpainting.
Regards
Massimo

Or a painted nose, Like the famous red nosed Yak-3 etc?  Just a suggestion.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 04:41:25 AM by Troy Smith » Logged
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 09:21:49 PM »

So another more-less fictional profile Sad
Anyhow, KL thanks for clarification.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: