Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
New La-7 in 1/32 from HpH
Sovietwarplanes
April 18, 2024, 09:56:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: New La-7 in 1/32 from HpH  (Read 12894 times)
learstang

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2014, 08:06:28 PM »

Good for you, Den! Over at BM, I see that some of the chaps are bemoaning the fact they didn't get their 1/24th scale Halifax from Airfix. Looks like you did well.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2014, 06:30:35 AM »

Hi all,
the model is very good looking, and it is the only one in this scale, for what I know, whatever  its errors are. The decals sheet is a bit deluding. One should write to the manufacturer, baybe they are already projecting an extra decals sheet and it would be good that it has numbers with blue outlines.
Misos, I like the blog detailscalereview very much. I would post a comment on a wrong criticism on the King Tiger of Eduard. But how can I subscibe? Seems that one needs an account of Facebook or other social networks. Am I right?
Regards
Massimo
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2014, 06:24:48 AM »

Hi Massimo,
I have no experience with that forum.
Regards,
    66misos

Walker

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2014, 12:27:14 AM »

Walker

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2014, 12:33:15 AM »

Fuselage taller and thicker in width than necessary. Because of this model seems short and thick. The hood is short and thick. Side cowl flaps are displaced. The side surface of the fuselage is too rounded. Fuselage gargrot too high. The canopy is too high and wide. Tail of the fuselage has the wrong path. Wing fairing too big. Wingtips are too narrow.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2014, 06:48:40 AM »

Hi Walker,
I would add that the tip of the spinner is too rounded, the air intake of the cooler too big, and the landing gear doors should be bent outwards at their front-lower angle. Besides the tail wheel doors should be glued in a more opened position.
Despite these inaccuracies, I consider it as good-looking, and, more important, the only one as far as I know. Or is there any new kit at the horizon?
Regards
Massimo
Walker

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2014, 08:06:40 AM »

Hi Massimo,

Grin all of the above you, the little things ...  Grin Yes, you're right. No other model in this scale. And it is unlikely soon.
JP
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2014, 02:37:40 PM »

Wow, 135 Euros!  But as some of you have said, it's the only game in town.

I have been in discussion with Revell of Germany concerning gaps in the market such as this.  They actually have a real human answer the messages with some real thought put into the replies.  This might be something to discuss.  Currently, their market strategy is to offer 1/32 fighter kits along the lines of their Bf109 series that offers reasonable detail for around $30-35.  Specifically, they're leaving out details that put kits like the Tamiya 1/32 P-51D, which had a full interior most people didn't want, well over the price range most people wanted.  Long story short - this might be something to bring up with them.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: