Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Il-2m3 "25" Mstitel
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 01:02:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Il-2m3 "25" Mstitel  (Read 28647 times)
KL

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2014, 09:26:14 PM »

Hi Misos, hi Massimo,
after so many photos and so mach reliable (and unreliable!) information analyzed I thought that things are clear with Il-2 no 25 "Mstitiel"...   Huh

There is no doubt that the photo was taken by Mark Redkin during the battle for Berlin in 1945.  There is no doubt that this Il-2 belonged to 567 shap and that its pilot was Lt. V. Bondarenko.

If someone posts somewhere on the web that this Il-2 was actually Stepanyan's "Mstitel" it doesn't mean that the information is true.  Tongue
Just read discussion bellow the posted photo at waralbum  http://waralbum.ru/5912/:
kind of "non-sofisticated'.......  better read again discussion about Stepanyan's Il-2s and discussion about the "Mstitel" on this forum.

... I would just know why all the planes on the background are so dark and with few markings.

What is so strange about this?  Didn't we have recently a Yak-9D without a number?
yes, Redkin (or censors) did retouch some of his published photos and he did make numerous photo-montages.  In case of a retouch or a montage it was always quite obvious what have happened.  This photo clearly hasn't been altered and it shows Il-2 with no numbers:

while this one is suspicious...

Regards,
KL
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 09:41:17 PM by KL » Logged
KL

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2014, 09:58:19 PM »

So let's play with AMT-1 and/or A-21m. I made a mix of all 4 samples in PS and tried to apply to Il-2:

Interesting, IMHO it looks better than before!
BTW, how do you mix colors in PS?  can you post some of possible colors that are between the chips?  and why did you mix all 4chips? transitions between the right pair make more sense for AMT-1.
Regards,
KL
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2014, 08:17:54 AM »

Hi Konstantin and Misos,
I've tried to darken the image of the white triangle on the tail

It seems that there could have been a very low contrasting number 5 or 6, or a deleted number 5.  Could also be a joke due to noise and grains, of course, or to irregular white brush strokes.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2014, 09:02:21 AM »

Massimo,
I do not see there any number Huh

KL,
I will post that mixed sample latter, I am without computer now/today.

When looking at all those photos I start to think that planes without board numbers do not have white tip at front of wheel gondole as Mstitel has. I have also doubts about red propeller spiners.
Regards,
    66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2014, 10:52:14 AM »

Hi Misos, I can see too many ones overposed... probably a joke due to brush painting of white. The most visible is somewhat similar to the upper bar and the right side of a 5. Perhaps there was some number before painting the white triangle.
Regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2014, 10:16:15 PM »

Hi Misos,
the shadow on the spinner is sharp, and this suggests a gloss paint while the camouflage is very matt. Lacking of sure informations, I am for red spinners.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2014, 06:49:28 AM »

Hi,
here is AMT-1 chip

made as a mix of:

Most weight is put on 935 left and the 924 right less. IMHO that color is "something in between".
However, after saving as JPG it slightly change hue.

This is enlarged photo with increased brightness:

Note homogenious grey area between star and cockpit, even where AMT-1 would be expected according to Mstitel. Such homogenious area is not anywhere elese on that plane. It looks like retouch.
Regards,
    66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2014, 06:57:14 AM »

Hi Misos,
I see another similar area on the landing gear nacelle and rockets. I've seen such things on photos scanned as greyscale, so I prefer always to scan in RGB even bw photos. Could also be sign of retouched image, of course, but I'm not sure of this.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2014, 09:33:43 AM »

Hi,
all planes are more-less finished. I continue with background. It is still far from satisfaction but at least it starts to have "atmosphere".

Regards,
   66misos

learstang

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2014, 05:57:50 PM »

Very nice, 66misos! I look forward to the finished article!

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
KL

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2014, 08:12:22 PM »

Hi Misos,

here is AMT-1 chip

Your AMT-1 looks good - it actually isn't far from Albom Nakrasok AMT-1 chip.  It is interesting to compare it with AKAN's AMT-1

A suggestion:  can you try to level the entire photo?  IMHO, it will look more realistic if horizon is horizontal...  and you will also get rid of the blurred lower right corner (which is part of the "photo-montage") Smiley

Regards,
KL

PS  IMHO, your fields are way to colorful for eastern Germany in early spring.  There shouldn't be any red or yellow (autumn colors...).  Check fields east of Berlin on Google Maps:  only brownish gray and green.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 08:58:32 PM by KL » Logged
66misos

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2014, 09:35:02 PM »

Hi,
thank you for comment.  Smiley
KL, interesting idea about leveling. I checked original/source photo at waralbum.ru. There is not enough background on right side, it will require another montage - to add missing background to the right and blend it with existing background.
Background should represent east Germany country during April/ May. I have to admit it is too colorful now. It is my approach. Firstly I do "anything" to get overall impression or feeling. And then, after some time looking at it and after comments I try to tune it. Comments are very appreciate, because sometime I see on the picture what I want, not what is really there.
Regards,
     66misos
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 09:38:35 PM by 66misos » Logged

KL

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2014, 11:56:24 PM »

maybe you could borrow some background from

regards,
KL
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2014, 07:02:22 AM »

Hi,
I wonder if the 'tall' photo is an elaboration itself. The clouds or smoke looks in the right position to hide the merging of two different images.
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2014, 08:02:09 AM »

The bottom photograph is certainly two different photographs. The countryside merges very suddenly into the heart of Berlin, with the clouds conveniently hiding the seam.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: