Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Il-2m3 "25" Mstitel
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 09:54:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Il-2m3 "25" Mstitel  (Read 28651 times)
KL

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2014, 08:40:11 AM »

The bottom photograph is a photo montage made by Redkin in early 1970es.  Few Years ago I posted somewhere exact year and in what magazine it was published.  It is clear that the two photos are taken at different angle to horizon and from different altitudes.
regards,
KL
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2014, 03:42:02 PM »

Hi,
yes, it is quite obvious.
Misos, a way to obtain some ground is to copy it from the photo itself. The new part can be slightly scaled and deformed to obtain a convincing perspective. Ground from a different image would be difficult to merge as darkness, contrast and grain.
Anyhow the present colors of tye ground don't seem convincing to my eye, you could have a look to a modern color photo.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2014, 12:06:43 AM »

Hi,
here I tried to to level all planes and completely replace background:

Regards,
   66misos

learstang

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2014, 01:13:38 AM »

That looks rather convincing to me.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2014, 07:39:25 AM »

Hi, looks very good. Is the background from a color photo, or colorized?
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2014, 10:39:10 AM »

Hi,
thank you Smiley
Massimo, this background is modern color photo, not colorized. But all kinds of PS tools applied - filters, noise, contrast, several differently adjusted layers etc.
However, this version looks "too quiet". So I will make also another, more "dynamic" version with destroyed Berlin in background.
Regards,
   66misos

66misos

« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2014, 01:37:32 PM »

Hi,
so here is another version, with Berlin as a background:

Regards,
    66misos
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 06:11:32 PM by 66misos » Logged

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2014, 02:09:04 PM »

Hi Misos,
this image is interesting. Anyway, observing the shadows on the ground, the planes should be in full light from the right and have some sharp shadows. An uniformly lightened background from a cloudy day would avoid this problem.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2014, 06:10:45 PM »

Hi Massimo,
I was not able to find better image of Berlin - in big enough resolution and showing horizon. So until I find better photo I at least added sharp shadow under the horizontal stabilized and main wheel gondola on the Mstitel and the next plane - sun light is going from top right. And I replaced photo above.
Thank you.
Regards,
     66misos

KL

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2014, 08:26:10 PM »

Hi Misos,
when you start changing backgrounds, the possibilities are endless.  Cool

Few suggestions for various backgrounds:

1.  You may combine famous Redkin's Il-2 photo with even more famous V.A. Tyomin's photo "Знамя Победы над Рейхстагом"....   

from http://www.foto-video.ru/art/subject/1876/

This montage will become popular in Russia for sure!  Who knows, maybe a poster for next Victory Parade?

2.  You may change Il-2 colours to "AII Brown" and "AII Dark Brown" and then change background to show Giza pyramids.  All this to prove how effective was "South Front" camouflage scheme!!!

3.  Eiffel Tower or Manhattan would be interesting background too.  You may do this just for fun!

4.  You may also complete photo with its original background (from Redkin's photo).  Check Google Maps - turn on satelite view and IMHO it will show you adequate colours for Berlin surroundings in early spring (dark green forests, grayish freshly plowed fields and light green fields with some crops).  IMHO, it will show how effective was NKAP's 3-colour scheme....  Wink

Cheers,
KL     
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2014, 08:46:00 PM »

Hi Misos,
the shadow you've added on the gondola is much too rearwards. The wing is attached just behind the white painted part.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2014, 10:58:03 PM »

Hi KL,
thanks for inspiration. Grin
The photo with Reichstag would be really nice but Mstitel would hide most part of that building. Or planes would have to be much smaller. However, I focus on planes, not on environment, at least now. So I would keep this picture as my "iterpretation" of Mstitel over Berlin.
I never heard about "AII Brown" and "AII Dark Brown" in 1945. Is that joke or real? Shocked

Massimo,
I moved that shadow a bit to the left and added more depth to the horizon, this could be the final version:

Next Il-2 already waiting. Wink
Regards,
     66misos

KL

« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2014, 02:10:42 AM »

The photo with Reichstag would be really nice but Mstitel would hide most part of that building. Or planes would have to be much smaller.

Hi Misos,

more I think about it, "Mstitel" over Reichstag looks the better...  Smiley

You may add sky and clouds over Reichstag photo (same as on your final Berlin streets Photo) and place Il-2s somewhat higher, on top of horizon and the sky.  For Reichstag colors you may use these photos made in summer 1945

Of course, I would level all the planes - it looks better.

Cheers,
KL  
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 09:44:31 AM by KL » Logged
66misos

« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2014, 02:02:05 PM »

Hi KL,
thank you for inspirational photos and ideas. I tried to compose Reichstag photo with those Il-2 planes. Unfortunately, there is too little space above building, even if I move individual planes to the different positions (then perspective does not work). If background is decreased to get space above building, then significant parts of the background are missing on the both sides. May be different shots of building and planes would work better.
Anyhow, thanks again.
Regards,
    6misos

66misos

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2014, 02:51:11 PM »

Hi,
another interesting photo from scalemodels.ru:

with the comment:
198 shad, 16 VA, Il-2 above the center of Berlin, photo from CDAiK

What is that dark (brown/rusty) "something" in front of the building, between German cannon wheels and US Jeep?

It looks like British WWI tank Huh
Regards,
   66misos
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 02:54:43 PM by 66misos » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: