Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
ICM 1/72 I-153
Sovietwarplanes
April 25, 2024, 05:41:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: ICM 1/72 I-153  (Read 23242 times)
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« on: September 18, 2014, 07:34:41 PM »

ICM has posted CAD images of the 1/72 I-153 kit which they proposed back in 2011:
http://www.icm.com.ua/news/370-i-153-chaika-wwii-soviet-biplane-fighter.html

John
learstang

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 09:31:35 PM »

Very welcome news indeed, if they actually bring it out this time. We shall see.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 09:50:13 PM »

Hi John,
this was waited for very long! I wonder if the political facts there will affect the release or the availability of this kit.
Regards
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 02:03:44 AM »

This kit is now up on Hannants' web site as a "Future Release", apparently due in late November. Hannants have already set a price (6.66 GBP), so November availability seems credible, or at least Hannants believes it to be.

John
learstang

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 03:13:22 AM »

I am very looking forward to this. Although I have not built my ICM I-15, I've built the I-15bis and I thought it was a nice little model. An I-153 done to at least the same level would be greatly welcome indeed. Now all we need is an accurate 1/72nd scale Il-4, and of course your late Yak-1B, John.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Walker

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 10:26:57 PM »

In stock! http://model-lavka.ru/review/I153.html
learstang

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 12:59:43 AM »

Excellent news! Thank you for the link, Musa! Just looking at the sprues, it looks quite nice. The wheel wells look about right. Nice surface detail (no surprise here - ICM usually have good surface detail). It also looks like they got the engine face plate correct. I'm going to be ordering mine as soon as I can.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
learstang

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 01:05:54 AM »

I just did a currency conversion - this site has the price as 225 rubles. That converts to 4.87USD! That can't be right - it can't be that cheap, can it?

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2014, 06:17:37 AM »

Hi all,
it looks an excellent online shop and the price of the it is incredible, but I looked at the section for mailing and they speak only of mailing in Russia, Bielorussia and Kazakhstan. Nothing about mailing in Western Europe.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2014, 09:49:17 PM »

Hi,
more pictures of the box content is here at http://model-lavka.ru/review/I153.html
Regards,
   66misos

AC26

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 11:19:32 PM »

Hi all,

After a short glance and dry fitting a few comments of the kit.

In general it looks very nice and also seems to fit pretty well. Easy and unusually fast built as a biplane. I was a bit scared as ICM track record is not the best one in this department!

In general surface detailing is nice but several hols on the fuselage sides are instead raised and in front panel not opened through. The upper cowl air intake shape looks good for me but it is not opened. Right side fin and rudder hinge line is missing. I think that these are minor things for most builders. A bit more tricky might be the exhausts: there is only recessed places for them in the cowl. Pipes itself are totally missing. Ailerons seem to be lacking depth on the lower surfaces.

Interior looks nice. Wheel wells are boxed. Nice detail is separate mass balances for the prop hub. Bombs and RS-82s look as nice as this technology allows. Four decals: One from Khalkin-Gol, one Murmansk, one Gulf of Finland and one Baltic area.

As my references are not in hand I don't comment more about the shape issues.

Cheers,

AaCee

Verdict: Nice kit and very good with a little work if there are no problems with the shape.
learstang

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2014, 12:50:23 AM »

As long as there are no major issues with the shape, I'll be buying one. Thank you for the review, AaCee!

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2014, 08:09:57 AM »

Hi AaCee,
thank you for the informations. Strange for the lack of the rudder division line...
I guess that there is not a detailed engine.
There were different variants of the front plate, that were differing for some holes; besides they appear different according to the position of the shutters. I think that there is work for photoetching manufacturers.
Anyway, interesting model, particularly if easy to build.
A warning: I don't know if the instructions say it, but rockets are only for the black-green version, due to a wartime overhauling as a shturmovik.
Regards
Massimo
AC26

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2014, 02:20:51 PM »

Hi AaCee,
thank you for the informations. Strange for the lack of the rudder division line...
I guess that there is not a detailed engine.
There were different variants of the front plate, that were differing for some holes; besides they appear different according to the position of the shutters. I think that there is work for photoetching manufacturers.
Anyway, interesting model, particularly if easy to build.
A warning: I don't know if the instructions say it, but rockets are only for the black-green version, due to a wartime overhauling as a shturmovik.
Regards
Massimo
Hi Massimo,

Engine is a front relief of the cylinders in a circular plate. In front of this comes a separate part consisting of the crank case and push rods. Certainly enough for a closed cowl but in case of removed front plate  something more would be better. The sthurmovik alternative should have the open one. RS-82s are specified only for it.

I try to wait a moment to see if there is some photo etch or resin coming for it. Cowl with exhaust pipes would certainly be helpful.

Anyway, Heller/SMER and AModel are now obsolete IMHO.

Cheers,

AaCee
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2014, 04:49:44 PM »

Hi AaCee,
I've collected some commented photos of I-153 here:
http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/i15/i-153/i-153painting/i-153painting.htm
As you say, some assault I-153s were photographed without the shutter, probably in summer 1942. Some planes only.
I agree, the other kits are obsolete. Probably I'll keep the resin skis, tanks and other details from a Smer. Anyway, when I built one, I found it less terrible than I thought.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: