Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
MiG I3-U 1/72 from Modelsvit
Sovietwarplanes
April 26, 2024, 03:02:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MiG I3-U 1/72 from Modelsvit  (Read 4407 times)
johnr

« on: October 25, 2014, 07:31:48 PM »

Just finished this one. According to Modelsvit it appears to be the first of a series of the 'Heavy MiGs'. Given the situation in the Ukraine I wonder when, or even if, we will see the others.
Being a limited production it wasn't the easist to put together with the cockpit and nose cone being a nightmare. Built straight from the box except for the pitot tubes which were replaced by home made ones from tubes.
John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 09:00:39 AM »

Hi John,
it's an interesting model, the first look seens a mix of MiG-19 and 21. You did a clean work. Perhaps the wheel disks had to be green as on many Soviet planes, anyway the model looks very good.
Regards
Massimo
johnr

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 02:33:57 PM »

Thank you for the kind words.
The instructions specify light grey for the wheel disks. There are colour pictures in 'Heavy Soviet interceptors' by Yefim Gordon but it is difficult to discern the colour except in one shot the nosewheel looks like natural metal.
If anybody knows the true colour let me know
John
learstang

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 05:28:03 PM »

Nice job on a very clean-looking aeroplane!

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 06:35:57 PM »

Hi Johnr,
nice kit of the interesting and unusual plane, not seen very often.
May be you wish to consider using some wash or something similar to accent panel lines, flaps and ailerons in your next project.
Happy modelling.
   66misos

johnr

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 10:28:22 AM »

I am a bit wary of washes and have not dared to try tham as I am afraid that they will highlight all the rough bits.
However in the case of this aeroplane the colour photos show it to very nice clean and looking unlike some Soviet a/c.
John
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: