Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Yak 9 vacform from the 80s
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 03:24:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yak 9 vacform from the 80s  (Read 2557 times)
DaveFleming

« on: November 01, 2014, 01:31:59 AM »

Whilst looking for something else, I came across this one. Bought it when I was doing a series of Yaks (I think inspired by the Squadron In Action book) and this seemed a better option that the Airfix kit! Not speaking Russian, I can't tell you a lot about it, but hopefully someone can!

DSC_1102 by DaveFleming68, on Flickr

The actual kit is pretty neat, and typical of the standard of the better Eastern European vac forms of the time. Note the canopy has not yellowed! I had started it back in the day, but real life interfered and I put it away. 25+ years later......

DSC_1103 by DaveFleming68, on Flickr

Colour scheme fans will be interested to know the colours are given as Dark Grey/Blue Grey over Light Blue, in a soft edge splinter scheme!

Just thought people might be interested! I think the shop I got it from traded with Eastern European modellers - I also got a BP Defiant as well (which WAS finished!)

« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 01:33:57 AM by DaveFleming » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 05:26:58 AM »

Hi Dave,
looks certainly better than the kit of Airfix. I wonder if it is better than the ICM too.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: