Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
IL-2 interior colours?
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 02:34:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: IL-2 interior colours?  (Read 2466 times)
VelvetFrog66

« on: October 28, 2014, 02:15:36 PM »

Hi.

I am at present working on a couple of 1:48 Il-2 single-seaters and need some help on how I should paint the interiors.
The instructions aren't a lot of help as they call for grey-green which I know is wrong and they are almost no help when it comes to the details.

One of the models will be a later type with wooden wings which I am assuming would be painted A-14 steel grey on the interior. The other kit is a very early Il-2 with a metal fuselage. Not sure about this one as I saw in the Sturmovik section a pic of an early type that seems to have quite a lot of unpainted metal and many parts in colours that aren't A-14. This was possibly an aircraft built in the emergency period when finish wasn't the first concern. The aircraft I am depicting would I think have been built before June 1941 so would most likely have been painted properly. I'm just not sure of the colour.

I would also like some advice on how I should paint some of the following details.

Colour of the bands around the fuel tank behind the pilot. Instructions say silver.

Colour of canvas boot on control column.

Colour of armour behind pilot's seat.

Colour of the seat itself.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Robert
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: