Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Buildup of Xun Tong Il-4 on Britmodeller
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 05:43:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buildup of Xun Tong Il-4 on Britmodeller  (Read 3187 times)
Tyronesdaddy

« on: November 29, 2014, 07:37:31 PM »

A gentleman on Britmodeler posted some pics of his new 1/48 Il-4:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234971086-xung-tong-db3il4-148-vvs/

It looks very nice to me,  however it appears that Xun Tong made the panel lines a bit to deep and wide.
learstang

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 08:27:09 PM »

I think the modeller, who otherwise did a great job on this model, didn't help things by accentuating the panel lines.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 07:17:48 AM »

Hi,
I agree, the model is very well made but the panel lines are exaggerate. A door or an inspection panel can have this evidence, but the fixed panels not.
Besides, on the real thing, many of them should be overposed, so what one sees is a step instead of a slot. Only some kits of ICM and Amodel reproduce well this type of panels (and I think that they are hated by many modellers because they don't allow to use the traditional technique to put them into evidence).
I think that one should pass a layer of thick paint on many panels, and then carefully sandpaper the surface, to reduce their evidence before painting the model.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: