Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
next year?
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 10:22:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: next year?  (Read 10130 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« on: December 03, 2014, 07:27:45 AM »

Hi all,
I've waited to make public my worries, but it's December now.
Despite my asking to JP Myers, I haven't received from him any assurance that he will/can renew the domain and web space of Sovietwarplanes for the next year.  
I know that he is having personal difficulties in his life, and perhaps the international situation has given him to work hard.

Still hoping to receive  good news from him, I've managed to look for another web space to move both the forum and the site in case of sudden crash.
I did this with the help of Jasu Terava, that worked to give assistance and to break the large backup file of this forum into smaller ones that could be imported there.
For now, the clone forum is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanestest/board/index.php, updated to early November.
To make it function well, it will be necessary some further work, as an update of contents to next late December, a correction of the links related to the site (they are absolute, so they are still pointing at the present site), eventually an upgrade of the disk space, of the database and of the transmission band, and eventually to buy the Sovietwarplanes domain (name/address) if JP won't confirm this.
As it is now, the Altervista web space is free, but updates could have a price (cheap, it seems) or require to add some publicity.

In the meanwhile, I've started to use this web space for other works too.
For example, a research on the mysterious North Korean tanks.
http://www.massimotessitori.altervista.org/armoursite/nkindigenoustanks/index.html

Regards
Massimo

« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 09:31:23 AM by Massimo Tessitori » Logged
learstang

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 07:33:08 AM »

Keep us posted on this, Massimo, and good luck! We need this site!

Best Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 05:58:22 PM »

No news from JP till now...
I should manage to update the clone forum with the latest posts, with the help of Jasu.  Anyway, it is better if you all keep copies of the preferred topics and of your important posts of the next future.
Regards
Massimo
Spitfire

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 09:53:44 AM »

Alternative bookmarked, thanks Massimo

Cheers

Dennis
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 08:17:17 AM »

Hi,
I've received a mail from JP. He wrote that he can confirm the domain for one more year to make the move softer; anyway, I think that if we have to move anyway, now we are prepared and can do it on next days. I've made a backup of posts up to yesterday, I hope to upload it on next days on the clone. If you post anything important, please keep a copy so you will repost it manually as soon as the clone will be operative.
To spare on trasmission bands, please post links or thumbnails instead of large images.
Regards
Massimo
JP
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 12:56:43 AM »

Gents, we are good here.  Well, the site is.  I spent most of pre-Christmas in legal meetings, with my nutty ex threatening to drag us all into court both before and after Christmas because I had the audacity to want to see my kids for the first time in 9 weeks.  I'm afraid as long as I'm dealing with this bullsh*t, I will be only occasionally here.  However, the bills are all paid and the lights will stay on.

On another note, never marry.  If it was a good deal, they wouldn't need a contract.
learstang

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 01:16:55 AM »

Sorry about the personal situation, John, but glad to hear about the site. Here's to a good new year all around!

Best Regards,

Jason (the still unmarried)

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Spitfire

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 09:18:53 AM »

Too late, I'm on my third, gotta love that wedding cake !

Cheers

Dennis
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2014, 01:28:36 PM »

Gents, we are good here.  Well, the site is.  I spent most of pre-Christmas in legal meetings, with my nutty ex threatening to drag us all into court both before and after Christmas because I had the audacity to want to see my kids for the first time in 9 weeks.  I'm afraid as long as I'm dealing with this bullsh*t, I will be only occasionally here.  However, the bills are all paid and the lights will stay on.

On another note, never marry.  If it was a good deal, they wouldn't need a contract.

Hi JP,
I see, a terrible period with lawyers and the ex.
I am surprised you have paid the domain for one more year, just now when all was ready for the move. Have I known it two months ago, I would have avoided some work and waste of time.
Anyway, we are here...
Regards
Massimo
JP
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 06:53:19 AM »

Gents,

All set until this time next year.  Things should improve significantly for me personally, but whatever Massimo feels is best for this community, well...I understand.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2015, 09:34:26 AM »

Hi JP,
I hope that things will improve, and you'll restart your previous intersts.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: