Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Su6 wing slats/pitot system
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 08:18:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Su6 wing slats/pitot system  (Read 2808 times)
Graham Boak

« on: December 04, 2014, 06:29:38 PM »

This wing is described, drawn, and indeed modelled, as having slats.  However, the pitot tube is shown as mounted on the leading edge of the wing, at about half slat span.  To me, this seems mechanically and aerodynamically unwise.  The photos show the underside, but there is no obvious sign of a slat.  So what was the design of the wing?

I'm thinking of the Su6 (SA) in particular, but I think it applies to all.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 07:58:28 PM »

Perhaps the plane was modified in a second time. If there are slats, the pitot probe has to be mounted under the wing as on late MiG-3s and LaGG-3s.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: