Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
MiG 3 Seat cushion
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 11:26:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MiG 3 Seat cushion  (Read 3225 times)
Spitfire

« on: December 07, 2014, 02:49:31 PM »

Following on from my earlier questions would the padding on the seat back have been canvass or leather like the head pad ?

Cheers

Dennis
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 05:43:39 PM by Spitfire » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 05:11:00 PM »

I think that the padding was scarcely utilized, and not fixed to the seat. I would leave the backrest bare.
Regards
Massimo
Spitfire

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 05:46:44 PM »

Hi Massimo, that would be good but the kit seat has the padding on and I would not like to remove it, plus I thought that the seat belt mechanism was behind the padding.

Cheers

Dennis
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 08:04:12 AM »

Hi Dennis,
I would remove the rear belts too, they were frequently omissed.  I would replace all the backrest with a curved plate, recovering the head cushion from the kit.
If you want to use the piece of the kit as it is, I suppose that the back cushion was made by tissue, so some khaki shade is credible.
Regards
Massimo
Spitfire

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 11:18:58 AM »

Thanks Massimo, it would be far simpler for me to try and make the clunky kit seat look better than to fabricate a new one

Cheers

Dennis
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: