Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
LaGG-3 recce scheme needed
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 08:06:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LaGG-3 recce scheme needed  (Read 6475 times)
ReccePhreak

« on: December 16, 2014, 03:07:24 AM »

I have the needed drawings, showing where the camera & camera window was installed on LaGG-3 recce versions, but I have been unable to find any references as to any markings/schemes for an LaGG-3R(?). Can anybody help me, as I really want to build one in 1/48 scale.

Larry
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 05:54:41 PM »

What are the visual differences with usual LaGG-3s?
Regards
Massimo
ReccePhreak

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 11:44:34 PM »

What are the visual differences with usual LaGG-3s?
Regards
Massimo
Massimo,

The only external differences appear to be the square camera window on the bottom of the fuselage, about midway between the tail wheel strut and the back edge of the "controlled air outlet from the liquid cooler" (that's what my drawing labels the lower cooling door/flap). The drawing just states that the AFA-1 camera is only on the Recce version. I don't know if they actually got a different designation, like the Yak-9R did.

The camera window is item 71 on the following drawing:
http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/img_815890_1360238216_08.jpg.html

Larry
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 11:56:27 PM by ReccePhreak » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 04:24:14 PM »

Hi Larry,
the detail is very hidden. I don't know if any of the photo I have represents a plane with a camera, well hidden under it.
Regards
Massimo
ReccePhreak

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 07:00:48 AM »

Hi Larry,
the detail is very hidden. I don't know if any of the photo I have represents a plane with a camera, well hidden under it.
Regards
Massimo

Hi Massimo,

That's what I was afraid of. I have browsed through my different pdf books that cover the LaGG-3, but other than the drawings, I don't see any reference to the camera in the text or picture descriptions. Of course my total lack of knowledge of the different languages the books were written in doesn't help my search any.  Cheesy
If I knew what type of unit designation would have a recce LaGG-3 assigned to it, I could do a SWAG, and just paint it in "representative" markings.

Larry
learstang

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 07:16:39 PM »

Looking at my nearly-completed Roden LaGG-3, I notice that it has that port under the fuselage.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 09:13:15 AM »

Hi Larry,  the units should be RAP, recognition air regiments.
Hi Jason, they have really everything on that kit of Roden.
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 07:03:38 PM »

Hi Larry,  the units should be RAP, recognition air regiments.
Hi Jason, they have really everything on that kit of Roden.
Regards
Massimo

Yes, Massimo, the way the kit is engineered, you can make just about any version of the LaGG-3. Even the differently boxed and decalled Roden kits all contain the same set of sprues. Good for the spares box!

Regards,

Jason
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 04:44:53 AM by learstang » Logged

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
ReccePhreak

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2016, 04:03:15 AM »

Hi Larry,  the units should be RAP, recognition air regiments.
Regards
Massimo

Hi Massimo,

A Google search turned up this unit that had Lagg-3 recce versions, but I can't find anything about specific markings: 10th independent Moskovsko-Kenigsbergskiy Red Banner order of Suvorov Reconnaissance Aviation Regiment.

http://www.ww2.dk/new/air%20force/regiment/orap/10orap.htm

I have just started work on the model today.

Regards,
Larry
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2016, 08:55:20 PM »

Hi Larry,
I've not informations. I suppose it's a standard plane with a standard number, but I don't know what one.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: