Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
L&M Yak UT-2M 1/72
Sovietwarplanes
April 26, 2024, 02:34:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: L&M Yak UT-2M 1/72  (Read 3217 times)
TISO

« on: December 27, 2014, 02:45:14 PM »

https://www.scalemates.com/products/product.php?id=255851

I recently aquired this kit.
Fuselage and wings are single piece with nose (with cowling) and tail (on panel line) as separate parts. Resin is creamy yellow with only a few air boubles but nothing serious.
Cockpit is completly opened from the top with detailes to be glued from this side (instrument panel assy's, seats, rudder pedals and control stick) and it is IMHO a bit to shallow. No detailing on cockpit side panels due to moulding technique.
Wings: are on my example a bit warped up on tip of the port wing. Canvas detail is good and panel lines are recessed and quite good. Trailing edge is nice and thin. leading edge need a bit of sanding (as it has mould line).
Engine: is basicly valves to to be glued into holes on cowling.
Tail: sonsists of 3 parts (horizontal stabilisers and vertical stabiliser with part of the fuselage) with good canvas representation. Tail is IMHO a bit too pointy from the side.
U/C: consists of wheels (IMHO a bit small), main U/C legs (which are a bit to chunky for my taste) and some metal wire. Needs a lot of detailing

Instructions are non existant. All you get is A4 sheet with basic history and colour profile of one of the planes (yugoslav one). So you need to work things out on your own
Decals are for Yugoslav RV PVO s/n 0319 (white 19) and VVS white 7 with early black bordered stars and are quite good.

L&M is Croatian resin model company owned by well known (at least on territory of ex. YU) modeller Tihomir Likso oriented mostly on ex YU markets. His kits are a bit Jekill & Hyde ie range from excellent to bloody awfull (especcially the early ones) which depend on material used. Yak UT-2M is one of the good ones.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 02:51:42 PM by TISO » Logged

Disciple of Error
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 07:37:38 AM »

Hi Tiso,
interesting kit, at least for the wide diffusion of this plane.  How about its price?
Some profiles can be found here:
http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/ut-1and2/UT-1-2.htm
Regards
Massimo
TISO

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 01:49:48 PM »

Price was 17 euro at scale modelling competition in Belgrade (New years cup at Suchin AF museum).
I know about profiles on the site (keep up the good work). My intetion is to build one of those that were given to flying clubs in Slovenia after their service in air force. While Yugoslavia recived a mix of UT-2 and UT-2M all my information indicates that slovenian air clubs recived UT-2M only.

Disciple of Error
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: