Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Pe-2 Interior color
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 09:22:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pe-2 Interior color  (Read 7904 times)
lape2002

« on: June 08, 2007, 03:58:21 AM »

Greetings,

I've started work on Italeri/Zvezda's Pe-2 with all the goodies available, but I would like to determine the correct color used for the cockpit of these aircraft.
Any info would be welcome.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 01:39:28 PM »

Hi, Smiley
I saw photos of some wrecks, and the internal  surfaces of the fuselage were painted interior green, more or less as US planes.
Massimo
lape2002

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 08:40:35 PM »

Thanks Massimo,

That's what I thought, the main color cockpit shots I have are those of one Pe-2 being restored in Norway. The overall color seems to be a yellowish green not unlike US or some Japanese interiors, but it could have been an inacurate repaint.

So it seems like Alg-5 was not used inside Pe-2s..
Audrius

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 07:03:40 AM »

hello
as is presented in article VVS colors, the interior color either light grey A-14 (late 30s) or dark green A-15 (late 40s).
I have seen as well the interior colors of Pe-2 under Norwegian restoration. It gives us yellowish green.

BR Audrius
TISO

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 08:03:25 PM »

Interesting note. UM gives colour citations fo entire interior of fuselage and U/C as  light gray Humbrol Hu-64, but with quite a few parts/details in grass green? Humbrol Hu-80. These green parts being:
- all seats, seat mounts with their armour plates,
- throtle quadrant (with some black and red detais),
- control column with all controls including those under the seat (here excluding lt. gray floor),
- all gun mounts ( cockpit, rear fusalage below and side MG's) and pilot's gunsight mount,
- quite a few small details in rear fuselage, bomb bay....

Overall it will not be simple one colour interior as on the most planes

Disciple of Error
Audrius

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 06:48:40 AM »

hi TISO,
on one hand you are correct as well (or UM).
As we know there were two main interior colors in VVS GPW period- either light grey or dark green. Or both of them in one time. The question is which one should be used for interior surfaces and which one for all the rest. As it comes to Pe-2 I would go with dark green on the surfaces, that's IMHO of course.

BR Audrius
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: