Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
AII vs AE-8. Did they look different?
Sovietwarplanes
April 19, 2024, 11:12:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AII vs AE-8. Did they look different?  (Read 2895 times)
VelvetFrog66

« on: May 05, 2015, 04:12:41 PM »

Hi,

I'm looking to paint a model of a very early Su-2 in silver. I am assuming the wooden fuselage and fabric surfaces would have been painted with AII and the metal parts in AE-8. Even though both are silver paint did their appearance differ in any way?

Cheers,
Robert
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 07:46:37 PM »

Hi Robert,
planes of 1939 and early 1940 were usually painted with grey AE-9 metallic parts and AII aluminium wooden/fabric parts, including early Su-2s.
If you are thinking to the silver plane of the famous movie, aside two camouflaged ones, it's likely that they utilized the same AII aluminium on all the surfaces, so don't worry for differences.
Regards
Massimo
VelvetFrog66

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 10:45:10 AM »

Hi Massimo,

thanks for your prompt reply.

I am indeed attempting to depict the the aircraft from the famous movie so thanks to your advice I won't then need to worry about any differences between the two silver variants.

Many thanks for your help on this.

Regards,
Robert
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: