Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Yak-1b Cockpit colours
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 10:01:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yak-1b Cockpit colours  (Read 3438 times)
Spitfire

« on: January 15, 2015, 06:38:32 PM »

I'm doing research on modelling project number 2, a Montex 1/32 scale Yak-1b, the kit instructions would have you painting the cockpit a light blue colour, however looking at a series of photos of the Saratov example the cockpit looks to be predominately grey. With grey tubing and black instruments, however under the layers of dirt the fuselage sidewalls look to have been a blue colour originally. The green (seat, foot boards, etc) looks to be have been a later addition, as it has been splashed in quite a few places, so they also may have been grey. I really cannot remember where I got the cockpit photos from so do not want to reproduce them here, found them; http://karopka.ru/forum/forum212/topic457/
All comments gratefully received.

Cheers

Dennis
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 08:33:56 PM by Spitfire » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 08:20:28 AM »

Hi Dennis,
it's difficult to find anything better than this. I saw excellent photos of a restoration somewhere, but colors are new, although they appear reliable. I think that grey A-14 was the standard base color, light blue could be due to a repainting (a wartime repainting I mean).
Regards
Massimo
Spitfire

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 10:25:17 AM »

Thank you Massimo, out with the blue then !

Cheers

Dennis
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: