Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Red aerobatic yak-3
Sovietwarplanes
April 19, 2024, 10:17:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Red aerobatic yak-3  (Read 2672 times)
otto

« on: January 17, 2015, 12:42:13 PM »

I would like a non-standard livery for my forthcoming Yak-3. Begemot huge decal sheet proposes three aerobatic planes with red uppersurfaces and numbers 1, 72 and 94. Here the third picture from above shows them, with N? 94 visible:
http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/colors/1945-50-oldtypes/1945-50-oldtypes.html
I have a few questions, in case anybody has information about these aircraft:

1) Were they really red or, maybe, dark grey or green?
2) The Yaks show a little fairing on the gun nozzle, also shown on Begemot's profile. Any information about this?
3) Connected to the former point: were they unarmed for aerobatic purpose or were they armed and full operational?
4) If they were really aerobatic aircraft, I suppose their finish was rather accurate and the stars only showed white outline instead of narrow outer red outline contrasting with overall red. Do you agree?
5) Did they have stars on the wing uppersurfaces? Aerobatic Lavochkin La-9s with red uppersurfaces had them.
6) Where the undersurfaces AMT-7 ligt blue? The above mentioned La-9s had light blue undersurfaces.
7) I am almost sure I saw other pictures showing N? 1 and 72 of this team but I don't remember where, if on books or internet (age is moving forward  Cry). Can anybody help me?

Thank you and sorry for my pedantic questions!
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 03:19:22 PM »

Hi Otto,
I haven't further informations on these planes. I was surprised to see that they have on the nose a mark of a winged arrow, as some Il-2s

Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: