Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
1/32 scale MiG 3 build
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 05:40:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: 1/32 scale MiG 3 build  (Read 27142 times)
learstang

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2015, 06:48:15 PM »

Beautiful work, Den! I have this very kit, waiting patiently for me to get to it, someday.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Spitfire

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2015, 08:22:03 PM »

Hi Jason,
            It really is a nice, well fitting kit, the cockpit is not fantastic, the fabric effect is overdone and the windscreen has fictitious frame but it goes together really well and looks very much like the MiG-3.

Cheers

Dennis
learstang

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2015, 04:31:08 AM »

Sounds good enough for me - we're not exactly spoilt for choice in 1/32nd scale when it comes to VVS subjects, are we? For example, why have an La-5FN in IM plastic when we can have another, wait for it - Bf-109! The choice for IM VVS kits in 1/32nd scale is worse than pathetic, it's almost non-existent, but then I suppose I'm preaching to the choir.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Spitfire

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2015, 11:20:49 AM »

A bit more progress, I airbrushed the metal parts of the airframe with X602 which is a match for the AKAN A-18 but was not happy with the contrast with the AII Blue, so I repainted the undersides with AII, not as accurate but I like it better.

This is what the A-18/AII Blue looked like, it may have looked better with less of a gloss finish.
Then it was time to mask off to paint the topside camouflage, I always incorporate a handle when I do this.

The demarcation on the rear fuselage looked a bit feathered on the photos so I made some paper/white tac masks up.

And on with the paint, I used Testors MM enamel interior Green, for the AMT-6 I am tempted to use a very dark grey I have some Panzer Grey (RAL7021) in my collection that I might try.

Note that on my camera for some reason green s look a lot more vibrant than they are in reality so I had to tone it down a bit.

Cheers

Dennis
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2015, 03:54:17 PM »

Hi Dennis,
I like the idea of the handle into the mask.
Lightening the black is a good idea, but I suspect that panzer grey is too light for this use. Probably tyre black would be better.
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2015, 07:09:08 PM »

That looks really good with the paint on, Den! MM Interior Green is what I use for my AMT-4 Green. I agree with Massimo; I wouldn't use a dark grey for the AMT-6 Black. Now that Panzer Grey might look good for AMT-12 Dark Grey, however.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
4bogreen

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2015, 08:29:47 PM »

Nice build Dennis!  Cheesy

How about three drops of black and a drop of blue greyish color. The Akancollor is a black color with a grey blue glow in it. Or you can spray it bad, with the base color shine thru.

Regards,

Remco

On the bench,
-Eduard 1/48 Messerschmitt BF109E-4 ZG-1
-Eduard 1/48 Spitfire MK.Vb 57 GIAP, Kuban
Spitfire

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2015, 09:49:58 AM »

Hi guys, I'll do a test airbrushing of the two colours on some scrap plastic and see how it comes out, the RAL7021 is supposed to be a match for MM interior black, will see how it pans out.

Cheers

Dennis
Spitfire

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2015, 06:19:07 PM »

Well here is the test piece, the RAL7021 Swartzgrau and the WEM WW2 VVS Black, and I think I will go with the black and save the grey for something else. I started to make up the masks ready to airbrush the black but was not impressed with the green paint finish so I repainted it, this means that I will have to wait a while to finish the paint job.

Cheers

Dennis
4bogreen

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2015, 05:47:17 PM »

Hi Dennis,

Your MiG-3 is looking very nice. Like your colours.  Cheesy

Regards,

Remco

On the bench,
Spitfire

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2015, 10:07:11 AM »

Thank you very much Remco, hopefully I will soon have the paint finished and can start on the markings, at the moment I am being distracted by Yaks.

Cheers

Dennis
4bogreen

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2015, 03:01:19 PM »

Hi Dennis,

You are distracted by the Yaks?? Haha! I have the same thing  Cheesy. Now the build on the MiG-3 is done, i am now foccusing on the Yak-9U.

Regards,

Remco

On the bench,
Spitfire

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2015, 06:15:39 PM »

Well the Yaks are coming on nicely so it was time to give the MiG some attention, as is my usual practice I masked off the green using paper masks and Blu Tac sausages, this is very time consuming especially with the chosen paint scheme, but I got there in the end.
As with the Yaks the green came out very vivid in the photos so I had to subdue it a bit, the paint is Model Master Interior Green 34151.

And on with the paint, this is WEM Colourcoats ACS04 AMT Black.

Cheers

Dennis
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2015, 07:08:35 PM »

Hi Dennis,
the work looks very pleasant. But... where have you found the pattern?
Regards
Massimo
Spitfire

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2015, 09:10:28 PM »

From the master himself !

And
http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/mig3/zarodinu.html
But I had to make up the pattern for the right side

Cheers

Dennis
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print