Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
1/32 scale MiG 3 build
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 08:22:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1/32 scale MiG 3 build  (Read 27137 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2015, 11:18:12 PM »

The big za Rodinu! Nice plane! Keep present that the tail wheel doors are of the old type, with a small window for the wheel.
Regards
Massimo
Spitfire

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2015, 09:40:25 AM »

Will do Massimo, though I did forget to do something about the spinner, maybe on the next one.

Cheers

Dennis
Spitfire

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2015, 09:01:37 PM »

Well it's finally getting there, as I am using the Montex Masks for this model I will have to paint all the markings, this means that I will have to use red stars without a black outline as the thin black line would be just too much trouble to achieve, so out with the masks and on with the paint.

And the results, for the red I used Xtracolor Red Arrows Red.

Cheers

Dennis
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2015, 10:15:51 PM »

Hi Dennis, looks very nice. Will the slogan be made by mask too?
Regards
Massimo
Spitfire

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2015, 11:04:05 AM »

Yes the slogan is painted on with a mask, as it overlaps the star I had to paint the star otherwise the mask would have pulled a decal off, I will leave the paint to cure for a few days before attempting to paint the slogan

Cheers

Dennis
Johann

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2015, 11:17:17 AM »

Oh ... I guess it's too late, but the MiG-3 nebylo upper belts in the pilot's seat. I hope you have not committed the second most common mistake and did not make the front visor metal frame?
Spitfire

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2015, 08:28:22 PM »

Hi Johann, I based the models seat belts on the diagram in Massimo's MiG 1/3 book and I have left the kit front windscreen frames as clear to mimic the joints in the perspex as on the real thing, I was tempted to sand and polish the kit "frames" away but have had some problems with windscreens breaking in the past so I left well alone this time..

Cheers

Dennis
Spitfire

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2015, 08:37:08 PM »

Well we have progress but a slight failure as well, getting the mask on for the slogan was always going to be difficult so I marked the mask with pencil to get it into the right position and I used masking tape to hold the mask together as otherwise the centres of the letters would be pulled off, but when the mask was removed I found it was too low and did not overlap the fuselage star. But it did come out great so I will leave it well alone.

Cheers

Dennis

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2015, 10:45:59 PM »

Hi Dennis,
it looks excellent anyway.
Regards
Massimo
Spitfire

« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2015, 07:36:29 PM »

With a bit of a rush she is finally finished, a thoroughly enjoyable build, the kit has it's faults as well as the faults in my building it, but I am very pleased with the outcome, here are some photos. Once again though I had to change the colour balance as my camera made the green too bright.

Cheers

Dennis
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2015, 10:31:19 PM »

Nice model indeed,
I've one still to build in my stash, my only 1/32 kit.
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2015, 05:04:12 AM »

Beautiful MiG-3, Dennis! I also have one in my stash. After all, it's one of the very few VVS subjects available in 1/32nd scale in IM plastic.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: