Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Hasegawa 1/48 LaGG-3 and La-7?
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 01:25:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hasegawa 1/48 LaGG-3 and La-7?  (Read 8269 times)
dragonlanceHR

« on: January 31, 2015, 10:15:29 AM »

Wow.
Troy Smith

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 03:24:58 PM »

INteresting indeed Vedran

I'm wondering if they are reboxes though, Hasegawa don't seem to have been doing much 1/48th recently, and the other two Japanese kit are reissues of kits they have already done...
Hasegawa do licence out their kits, Revell of Germany did a few, and Italeri just did the Typhoon....

If they are new tool it's a shame they did not actually do some basic research and notice the big gap in the 1/48th market is an accurate Yak-9, just think of the fun they could have with multiple boxings of that....

wonder when we will get to see sprue shots?

cheers
T

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 08:54:18 PM »

Very surprising!
Reboxing of other firms? There are not foreign kits in circulation that even go close to what is expected from Hasegawa. So I suppose that they are new moulds.
I agree that Yak7/9 would have been much more needed, given the poor quality of the ICM kits.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 10:17:55 PM »

...Reboxing of other firms? There are not foreign kits in circulation that even go close to what is expected from Hasegawa...
Isn't that La-7 reboxed Eduard/Gavia?
Regsrds,
   66misos

Troy Smith

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 12:51:04 AM »

...Reboxing of other firms? There are not foreign kits in circulation that even go close to what is expected from Hasegawa...
Isn't that La-7 reboxed Eduard/Gavia?
Regsrds,
   66misos

Hi Massimo

The ICM LaGG-3 maybe undersized, but is well detailed/moulded, and would not look shoddy in a Hasegawa box.

The only La-7 I know of is Gavia, re-boxed by Eduard.   The markings option shown is the Eduard weekend option.

There are some very old Hasegawa kits still sold by them as well.

Maybe worth noting that Tamiya have reboxed some Italeri  kits, for example in 1/48th, Re2002 and Hawker Hurricane MK I, the Hurricane has a multitude of small inaccuracies and the Re2002 is a horror, inaccurate and crude, but they are out in Tamiya boxes.

Wait and see.  Perhaps Hasegawa are testing the market, as their main market is Japan, and if these sell, maybe they do some original tools? ... though how much would a Hasegawa Yak-9 set folks outside of Japan back  Roll Eyes
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 08:11:40 AM »

Hi Troy and Misos,
can be that these kits are reboxings,  I am aware of Tamiya's reboxings, sometimes they're even imported in Italy where they cost more than original Italeri.
But it would be the first time for Hasegawa, for what I know.
I wonder why they haven't chosen to rebox the Lavochkins of Zvezda that are by far superior. 
The LaGG-3 of ICM has a bad moulding error on one side of the fuselage, close to the cockpit, and even a superficial modeller can see it, even if it is not difficult to correct.
Regards
Massimo
dragonlanceHR

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 05:47:19 PM »

http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausstellungen/Nuernberg2015/Nuernberg_2015.html

It says "limited edition". Meaning, we don't know  Grin

Hasegawa has IIRC reboxed only Monogram (for domestic market), Model USA Bird Dog (also domestic market only) and Trimaster kits (worldwide distribution). Fine Molds reboxes don't count.

La-7 could be Eduard/Gavia, since Eduard recently sells reboxed Hasegawa 1/48 A-4 and F-104.

Ah, the expectation....

Vedran
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 08:43:56 PM »

Hi Vedran,
if it's a 'limited edition', it's certainly a reboxing. They certainly don't build a new mould to produce only few kits. Pity...

Regards
Massimo
dragonlanceHR

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 09:06:36 PM »

Massimo,

both Kate and Jill in that photo are Limited editions. These kits are 100% Hasegawa.

In Hasegawa-speak Limited edition means different decals and maybe an ultra-expensive piece of resin or white metal.

We'll just hawe to wait for the Shizuoka show.

Vedran
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2015, 10:00:07 PM »

Vedran,
yes, the only new thing of those Kate and Jill are the decals, but it would be strange that they start a'limited edition' if they have a new tool.
Let's wait...
Regards
Massimo
dragonlanceHR

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 09:57:05 PM »

The La-7 is the Eduard/Gavia kit, info by a poster on Hyperscale, the kit is included in Hasegawa 1/48 Seven aces set.

http://www.hlj.com/product/hsgsp324/Air

Nice figurines. Please note a bonus figurine of Lillya Litvyak, althrough there is no Yak-1 in the boxing.

I hope the figurines will be available separately.

Vedran
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2015, 07:38:45 AM »

Really nice figures. I wonder if Litvyak's one is painted by hand in 1/48 or photoshopped, looks too well painted for that small scale.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: