Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
propeller found near the border between Austria and Czech republic
Sovietwarplanes
April 16, 2024, 03:54:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: propeller found near the border between Austria and Czech republic  (Read 3480 times)
roland_b

« on: February 06, 2015, 10:42:33 AM »

Hi!

I found this forum about soviet planes and hope you can help me a bit.

Here is my story:
In December 2003 my father found near a river between Austria and Czech republic a propeller. My father and I are very interested in old planes and so we asked the owner of the fishing hut where the propeller laid. In 2004 we bought this propeller because the fisherman ruined some fishing nets on the propeller and also steel cable.

I cleaned the propeller a bit from the rust and we searched all the books we have about planes. We found a photo with a LAGG3 that has the same propeller. We asked a historic journal and made an advertisement but there were no answers about information to this propeller. I searched also in some german forums but there are no answers.

Some weeks ago a man from Austria phoned me, that he is interested in plane crashes in Austria from world war 2. He told me that the LAGG3 had not much motor power and in 1945 when the soviet army and air force arrived Austria this plane would be too slow for the combat.
Then I searched about list about plane kills from the Germans. I found on this page one shotdown near us.
http://aces.safarikovi.org/luftwaffe.wartime.aerial.victory.credits.html
On 9. 4. 1945 a LA-7 was shot down in Lundenburg. Lundenburg it is now called Breclav and is 10-12km near.

On 11. 4. 1945 a IL-2 was shot down in Lan?hot which is also near. It was the plane S/N: 18833122, AM-38F Motor #2514432 with Nikolaev-Chuprov.
But I don't know if the IL-2 had the same propeller. The motor from the LAGG-3 was also in the Yak-1,7,9, MIG and other planes. I never seen a photo where the nose is of the propeller...

The diameter could be 3100mm. One blade was ripped of total. The second blade is only half and the last blade is bent.
On the weekend I will make more photos and measuring on the propeller.

I hope you can help me!  Wink
Thanks in advance
Roland
roland_b

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 11:33:46 AM »

I forgot one big detail!
We found the propeller at 48?40'59.8"N 16?54'46.3"E
It is near Bernhardsthal in Austria, Breclav and Lanzhot in Czech republic.

Greetings
Roland
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 10:12:01 PM »

Hi Roland, the propeller of Yaks rotated clockwise (from the front) and was probably similar to that of LaGG-3, having Kilmov engines. The Mikulin engine of Il-2s (and MiG-3, but this type never reached the Austrian borders) rotated clockwise too. The Shvetson of the La-7 rotated counterclockwise.
Regards
Massimo
roland_b

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 11:53:08 AM »

Hi!

Thanks Massimo! From the front the propeller turns clockwise. Do you know how how the LA-5 turns?

Regards
Roland
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 01:55:29 PM »

Hi Roland, as the La-7.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: