Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
La's of 790 IAP
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 10:40:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: La's of 790 IAP  (Read 28403 times)
barneybolac

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2015, 08:19:31 AM »

There are many photos of planes of the same unit,
Regards
Massimo

I have been struggling to find any from this unit. Where may I ask have you been looking?
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2015, 07:05:22 PM »

There are three photos of similar planes on the MBI monograph at pag.46, but, now that I read, they are credited to 31 IAP, 295 IAD, not 116 IAP.
Regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2015, 08:06:19 PM »

Hi,
could anyone read and type this inscription in Russian, please?

Regards
Massimo
KL

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2015, 08:33:28 PM »

"Подарок фронту в честь 25-летия ВЛКСМ"

It means "Present to the front in the honour of the 25th anniversary of the Komsomol"
VLKSM is another name for Komsomol, see here:   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Komsomol

Regards,
KL
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2015, 10:33:57 PM »

Thank you Konstantin. It was a long time from your last post in December.
Regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2015, 01:33:46 PM »

Hi,

interestingly, this plane is not a repained variant of the better known 07, but a rare variant of La-5UTI with 'bubble' canopy. Look at the back, it's completely different.
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2015, 05:43:49 PM »

Interesting, Massimo - one for the book?

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2015, 10:20:07 PM »

Hi Jason,
probably. I should have other photos of this variant, but I can't find them now. I wait to know if it was built in some number.
Regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2015, 08:37:45 AM »

Hi,
returning on this one:

I think that the dark color, grey or green, extends down to the lower part of the side, covering the light blue, the greys and previous markings. The profiles don't report this thing correctly.
Besides the dark color is poorly covering.
The numbers are roughly shaped, they are a poor imitation of the factory codes, so they have to have been repainted.
The clothes are undoubtly heavy. I wonder if it is really the winter 1944/45, or after the war.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2015, 05:32:23 PM »

Hi,
this I found when looking for info about Dolgushin:
...discussion between M.Bykov and other members at airforce.ru forum from 2008:
8 iak introduced following fast recognition elements for its regiments: Lavochkins in 263 iap had white tail, in 156 iap they had white tail with red top and two red stripes while the bottom red stripe was only on rudder and Lavochkins in 813 iap had white band around the fuselage under the fuselage red star...

It is consistent with La-5FN profile and screenshot posted by Barney:
...Was looking at a profile of the 813 IAP La-5 with a white stripe.

The same profile of La-5FN "07" with the white band from 813 iap is also in the MBI book Lavockin La-5.
Unfortunately I did not find any photo of the real Lavochkin from 813 iap from WWII period.
Regards,
    66misos
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 11:22:00 AM by 66misos » Logged

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2015, 07:07:27 AM »

Hi Misos,
these informations are good, thank you for posting them. This makes something clear on the screenshot, that has been elusive till not.
The screenshot could be compatible with an uniformly red cowling. Pity not to see the number of this plane. 
Returning to the La-7, this profile suggests how could it have been before the rough dark repainting that deleted the camouflage and the white band. It's particularly interesting to see thatthe mark was already there and is not a postwar addiction.
The light shade of the nose remains elusive; if it's some red, it doesn't resemble to that of the stars, nor of the mark that appear dark.
Regards
Massimo
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 07:12:30 AM by Massimo Tessitori » Logged
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2015, 11:00:15 AM »

Hi Massimo,
this is also from Vakhlamov's article about Dolgushin:
"Red engine cowling and spinner were introduced by Lieutenant-General A.S. Osipenko in July 1944 before the Bobruisk Operation as the recogniotion marks of the Air Corps (8 iak). At the same time identification marks of the regiments were accepted. For the 156 iap they were alternating horizontal stripes on the tail fin and rudder - three red and three white."

813 iap was part of 8 iak. The red cowling of this plane:

is pretty consistent with Dolgushin's La-7 or this plane from 156 iap, which also was a part of 8 iak:

I wonder if they in VVS that time used two different red paints giving different appearance on the bw photos.
This is another La-7 from 156 iap:

Note how dark is red on fuselage star (factory paint?) and how bright is red (some field paint?) on the victory starlets beneath cockpit.

On the other side, note how dark is the last red victory starlet on the Klubov's P-39 in comparison to the other white-outlined victory starlets:

Regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2015, 11:31:44 AM »

Hi Misos,
this sounds convincing.
Note the dark blotches on the cowing of the plane with the eagle. They could seem shadows, but there is not any similar shadow on the men, so it could be a repainting made with two different reds. I wonder if they were so different if seen with one's eyes.
Regards
Massimo

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2015, 11:41:33 AM »

Hi Misos,
here is a scan of an old magazine with an article about this pilot (Fedyusin I think) from Alex. On the photo, there is an interesting la-7 with a white band. Is it possible to identify the unit and have more informations on it?

Regards
Massimo
barneybolac

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2017, 11:45:49 AM »

Hi,
great photos, thank you for posting. I like the badge on the nose very much. The La-5 seems numbered 17.
Pity that they don't show the rear part of the planes.   Who knows if there is any more information on the Russian book?
Regards
Massimo

Was looking at this site some more from a recent post on the forums.

http://wio.ru/simbols/sov.htm

Translated to English.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwio.ru%2Fsimbols%2Fsov.htm&edit-text=

There is a brief description of the tail of this unit.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: