Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Planes in Leningrad museum just after the war
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 10:37:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Planes in Leningrad museum just after the war  (Read 4599 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« on: February 11, 2015, 05:41:05 PM »

Hi,
here are some photos of the planes shown in the museum of Leningrad just after the war.
http://deruluft.livejournal.com/59783.html
Aside the famous La-5 with the sharkmouth and an already seen I-16, there are two Il-2s that I never saw before.
The plane shown inside is a replica of the one of the plane of a famous pilot. I think it is made by joining pieces of two different planes.
As Timoshenko wrote (sorry for the poor automatic translation),
01.17.1944, the Guards. F.M.Pavlyuchenko captain was killed in the crash on the AE Kasimovo while returning from a mission.

Regards
Massimo
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 05:42:54 PM by Massimo Tessitori » Logged
Tyronesdaddy

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 03:49:49 PM »

So what happened to the aircraft in the museum?  Were they destroyed in a fire or scrapped?
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 08:21:30 PM »

I suppose they were scrapped in the '50s.
Tyronesdaddy

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 04:06:33 PM »

What a horrible waste to scrap priceless artifacts like that.
learstang

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 05:03:13 PM »

It's especially a waste with the La-5 - there are no La-5 versions preserved anywhere in the world. I've seen the centre-section of a razorback La-5 that was being kept somewhere in Virginia, but that's it. The Finns also have a part of the fuselage of a LaGG-3, complete with well-preserved camouflage. The razorback La-5 at Pobeda (Victory) Park in Moscow is a replica, although not too bad a one. I also would have loved to see that field-modified Il-2 preserved. To think that the Soviets did not preserve a single Il-2 is amazing (the ones you see in Russia now are reconstructed wrecks).

Regards,

Jason
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 05:04:46 PM by learstang » Logged

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: