Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Decals and painting schemes of coming La-5, 5F. 5FN and UTI of KP
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 03:44:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Decals and painting schemes of coming La-5, 5F. 5FN and UTI of KP  (Read 7249 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« on: March 16, 2015, 03:40:28 PM »

Hi all,
I've received some images from Jan Polc, chief decal designer of KP, to publish here. They are related to many boxes of La-5 and 5F that will be released within one or two months.
La5 of Valeriy Chkalov

La-5 of aces

La-5 of other VVS units

La-5F with green-black camo

La-5F with grey camo

La-5F of aces of VVS

Further images of other versions will follow.
Regards
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 07:13:38 PM »

Very impressive! These are 1/72 kits, correct? Seems there's some confusion with a series of 1/144 kits AZ/KP is working on, although maybe I'm the only one who's confused... Roll Eyes

Anyway, I can see I'll be buying a lot of these in the 1/72 size - finally an injection-molded styrene La-5 family series which should be both accurate and easy to assemble!

John
learstang

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 12:25:59 AM »

I'm thrilled to see these coming out! I will definitely be buying the lot. Just in time to put in my book on the Lavochkin fighters I'm currently writing and Massimo is doing the profiles for (shameless plug). I notice these are just for the La-5 and La-5F; I'll be interested to see what they have for the La-5FN and the La-5UTI.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
avalon

Who knows...

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 09:03:11 AM »

Dear John Thompson, I promised to you some years ago really good lavochkins, here it comes. :-)
Here published schemes are for 1/72 releases. Just to make it clear, in 1/144 scale kits we have
another release scheme, all three main types in two boxes with three schemes.
All schemes are selection from 1/72 scale.

As for FN - there is at least five boxes as it will be leader of the family. So we can
expect 1) VVS USSR.  2) VVS ACES (Evstigneev, Vishnyakov and Lyubenyuk),
3) Captured birds with two camo only.  4) Czechoslovak pilots in Slovak National Uprising andfinally 5) Czechoslovak Post War service. We have only one UTI boxing with al schemes connected with
Czechoslovak AF. All schemes were prepared with very valuable help of Massimo and Ilya Grinberg
who involved some more people from Russia. I will ask Massimo to post here FN camo schemes.
Logical next step is to use common parts and make La 7. And yesss we are working on. I can promiseto you that you will find some never before released camo schemes in the boxes.
Yours Jan

Wings up chaps,
Jan, avalon decs
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 03:11:36 PM »

Sounds excellent - thank you, Jan! I hope all is well with you!

Best wishes;
John
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 07:38:11 PM »

Very good news!
Here is boxart http://sovietwarplanes.com/board/index.php?topic=2010.0
Note blue, not red outlined board numbers on grey-grey planes.
Regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 09:36:31 AM »

Hi,
Note blue, not red outlined board numbers on grey-grey planes.
I've strongly suggested this. If it's wrong, blame me. But I think that it's the most likely thing.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 12:05:47 PM »

Hi Massimo,
some time ago a started (quite a big) discussion about red vs. blue outline at Modelforum.cz
I personally preffered/preffer blue one.
Also Bykov and Zlobin already consider blue at least equivalent to red.

Here are decals from Zlobin:

He did IMHO the best thing - included blue and red version and modeller can chose what preffers.

Also Kozedub's La-7 after the last repainting in Monino museum has blue outline:

Regard,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 02:28:03 PM »

Hi Misos,
having a choice can be good.
The fonts of the numbers seen on Lavochkins seems to be two different ones: some have a continuous curve on the extremities of rounded numbers as 0 and 6, other ones have their upper and lower ends with a small straight horizontal line with smaller fillets on the sides. This could be related to two different factories. If I remember well, you've posted a note about the shade of blue being related to the factory, isn't it?
Just today, Ruchkovsky has written to me that he noted that La-7s built in Z.21 has often small stars and La-7 logos on the tail and cowling, while those made in z.381 have wider stars, no La-7 logos and the large numbers have different fonts. It could be the same for La-5s.
Regards
Massimo

66misos

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 09:24:28 PM »

Hi Massimo,
info from modelforum.cz about different blue from different zavods I posted here
http://sovietwarplanes.com/board/index.php?topic=1896.msg15698#msg15698
But subsequent discussion did not prove it.
Regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2015, 06:41:04 AM »

Hi Misos,
2.) modelforum.cz forum:
- Photo of the La-7 remnants found near by Klimkovice, Czech Republic on September (2014) - board number is dark blue:

- dark blue outline - zavod 381 in Moscov,
- light blue outline - zavod 21 Gorkij.

According with what seems on fonts, I think to see that the number of this wreck has semicircular ends. This would identify it (if the identification of fonts will be confirmed) as built in Z.21, and it has dark blue outlines. From the photo of La-5 wreck, I can't understand the shape of the number.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: