Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Yak-9T 117 Giap. #81.
Sovietwarplanes
April 26, 2024, 04:43:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yak-9T 117 Giap. #81.  (Read 6951 times)
barneybolac

« on: February 25, 2015, 05:09:01 AM »

Any thoughts on colours and possible missing tail appearance & any other information on this aircraft?

http://afirsov.livejournal.com/8869.html?thread=30629
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 06:51:27 AM by barneybolac » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 07:53:55 AM »

It has some vague resemblance to planes at pag.189 of SAFFC, but it's not the same.
I wonder if the central zig-sag darker line was intentional or made for accident during a repainting. I suppose it's in shades of grey. Some of the dark grey bands seem overpainted with medium grey-blue.
The line on the tail seems white with thin red contour. The part of the tail above it seems camouflaged. The numbers are plain white without any contour.
I suppose that victory stars and the circles around the spinner are white.
Regards
Massimo
warhawk

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 08:06:44 PM »

Hello,

This aircrfat was featured in a decal sheet made by Lift Here
724-LH ?Yakz 9″, Soviet Fighters in Yugoslavia, part 3 in 1/72

It is stated to have been stationed in Yugoslavia
https://lifthereserbia.wordpress.com/2010/06/27/724-lh-yakz-9-soviet-fighters-in-yugoslavia-part-3-in-172/

Although the profile represents a standard sheme, I believe I can see traces of over-painting on the photo you have posted
Maybe the original AMT-11 and -12 colors have faded, and the darker Gray was resprayed, but not covering all of the previous dark Grey.

Regards,
Aleksandar
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 08:09:52 PM by warhawk » Logged
barneybolac

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 09:51:49 PM »

Thank you all this is very helpful.
What caught my eye was the possibility of a third colour on the fuselage. So is this a Yugoslav squadron or Russian stationed there in the Balkans during the war?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 10:06:05 PM by barneybolac » Logged
barneybolac

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 04:06:04 AM »

Turns out this is not the first time this aircraft has been on the forums here. Also looks like the identification in the first link is wrong for the squadron based off the information below.

http://sovietwarplanes.com/board/index.php?topic=1267.0

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 06:42:27 AM »

Hi,
this photo doesn't show the disuniformities in camouflage. Probably they are due to mere repaintings, and there are more glossy parts due to the newer or thicker layer of paint.
I'm in doubt for the spiral, it doesn't seem identical between photo and drawings. If it is a spiral, it is rotating in the other way, and don't seem extended to all the spinner.
Regards
Massimo
barneybolac

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 09:57:09 PM »

Hi,
this photo doesn't show the disuniformities in camouflage. Probably they are due to mere repaintings, and there are more glossy parts due to the newer or thicker layer of paint.

Regards
Massimo

I think I can explain the first photo with the strange mirror effect of the camo for the lack of a better term. I actually seen a painter at work today cause the same appearance that is on the aircraft.

The area on the aircraft that is darker in colour under the cockpit the edge was probably done with a hand held stencil or with tape and paper. Then when it was painted the painter was not careful & accidentally over sprayed the stencil/paper. When the paper/stencil was taken off it created a mirror image of the edge he wanted alongside the correct edge.

Also explains the lighter colour due to the fact it was not deliberately painted as heavy as it should have. I think in the second photo it is a darker image & is not showing the lighter wrongly sprayed area. You can still see the almost white looking splotch around the top of the star on the fuselage that are seen in both photos & just barely the white area on the right portion of the star in the darker photo .

xan

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 11:00:36 PM »

I would change yellow 81 by silver 81...
Xan

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 07:49:30 AM »

Hi,
I don't think that the explanation of the mask is right. All the lines have the same degree of blending, it would be different if they used a mask. I think it's a question of how the paint is thick and glossy.
The idea of a silver number looks credible to explain the different look on the photos.
I suppose that the repaintings under the number were light blue. The one over the stars... who knows, maybe they hadn't time to clean and reload the air brush.
Regards
Massimo
barneybolac

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 12:55:42 AM »

Found a link on this unit with some other photos.

http://zaika70.livejournal.com/3069.html
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: