Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
AlleyCat 1/32 scale Yak 1b
Sovietwarplanes
April 24, 2024, 05:33:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: AlleyCat 1/32 scale Yak 1b  (Read 27958 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2015, 08:38:29 PM »

Hi Dennis,
AMT-11 has to be slightly bluish, so my vote is for the chips on the right.
I wonder if the blue background can influence the sensibility of the camera and the perception of viewers. Isn't it possible to find a neutral grey background, or a multicolor background to shot the photo?
Regards
Massimo
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2015, 08:47:08 AM »

...here is my final test card selections for AMT-11 and 12, this is the best that I could photograph them, I rather like the slightly bluer colour rather than the more grey colour for AMT-11, the AMT-12 is the same on both cards. What do you guys think ?

Hi Dennis,
IMHO that one on the right looks better. Anyhow, could you, please, on both your chips above make also chip of light blue AMT-7 going verticaly and touching both greys? Then we will better see their relative hues/shades.
Regards,
  66misos

Spitfire

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2015, 09:54:54 AM »

Yes I will give that a go but it won't be fast as I am going on holiday, the paints by the way are Humbrol 106 Ocean Grey the lighter one on the left, Xtracolor X6 Ocean Grey is the bluer grey and the AMT-12 is Xtracolor X800 RAL7021 Panzer Grey

Cheers

Dennis
learstang

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2015, 11:33:25 PM »

I hope you have a good holiday Den, and I vote for the 'AMT-11' on the right also.

Regards,

Jason

P.S. That 'AMT-11' on the left would make a passable A-14 Steel Grey to my tired, old eyes.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 11:37:15 PM by learstang » Logged

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Spitfire

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2015, 06:07:58 PM »

Well had a great holiday, New York, Washington, Philadelphia, and Niagara Falls now back to some kit bashing, though at the moment it is all painting, here are my colour cards with the Blue added.

And on to the Yaks, here is the grey/grey one with it's AMT-11 airbrushed, it will look a lot different when it is not so glossy, the paint is Xtracolour X6 Ocean Grey

And here is the green/black one with it's AMT-4 airbrushed, once again my cameras were not very good at the green it came out pretty vivid and I had to correct it, but it is 34151 Interior Green (Model Master)

Cheers

Dennis
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 06:19:06 PM by Spitfire » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2015, 07:44:17 PM »

Hi Dennis, both of them look good so far.
Thematic collections in large scale are unusual.
Regards
Massimo
Spitfire

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2015, 08:53:45 PM »

Hi Massimo, I usually build to a theme, one year I built all French subjects, another year I built 3 Spitfires of different marks, and then I had an Italian year, it makes it a lot easier to do the research once for several subjects.

Cheers

Dennis
Spitfire

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2015, 04:43:55 PM »

Now it's time to start bringing them to life, adding the rest of the camouflage and decals, normally I paint on the markings but my normal mask supplier has stopped doing custom masks so for these two kits I will use decals, starting with the AMT 11/12 one. It will look a lot better with some matt varnish to tone down the AMT-11.

Cheers

Dennis
Spitfire

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2015, 05:36:45 PM »

And here is the other one all ready for decals

Cheers

Dennis
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2015, 08:53:15 PM »

Hi Dennis,
looks nice, but... shouldn't the grey one have stars with outlines under the wings too?
Regards
Massimo
Spitfire

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2015, 08:28:31 AM »

I did wonder about that but the kit profile had plain stars, it may be something that I will change, it would be easy enough.

Cheers

Dennis
Spitfire

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2015, 08:08:10 PM »

And change them I did, then with some intensive modelling I finally finished both of them, this involved lots of touch up on the paintwork, some fine tuning to make the clear parts fit, and some very fiddley work to get the main undercarriage together. The wing fuel gauges in the kit are film parts but I do not have a punch and die set to cut them out and I do not have a lot of confidence in my ability to cut them out with a modelling knife so I resorted to some instrument decals, not accurate but similar.
So here they are the AlleyCat kit is the grey one and the Montex kit is the green and black one.

More soon

Cheers

Dennis
Spitfire

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2015, 08:10:46 PM »

And the rest of the photos

And all three 2015 finished models

Cheers

Dennis
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2015, 07:28:04 AM »

Hi Dennis,
impressive models indeed. It's the only wide collection of Soviet 1/32 planes I've seen. Some Il-2s would appear well too.
I think to see an issue with the alignment of the outer section of the left aileron on plane n.39. I hope it can still be corrected.
Regards
Massimo
Spitfire

« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2015, 06:43:45 PM »

Thanks Massimo, and thank you for the advice, at some time in the future I will build my 1/32 IL-2 and La-7, but for the moment I am going to build something easy, and it was no problem putting the Aileron back in place, it is only pinned with some thin wire.

Cheers

Dennis
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: