Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
AlleyCat 1/32 scale Yak 1b
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 02:43:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: AlleyCat 1/32 scale Yak 1b  (Read 27833 times)
KL

« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2015, 12:18:45 AM »

Hi Dennis,

good to see nice, large scale models.
The only thing that I would suggest done differently is the camouflage pattern on your green-black Yak-1.  As is, the camouflage pattern is quite unconvincing:  From what I know, there are no photos of this particular 812 iap Yak-1, but this doesn't mean it's camouflage could be a complete speculation.  I know the camouflage is not your fantasy, but whoever made it didn't have a lot f evidence...

at http://air-monger.com/yak-1-nestandartnyij-kamuflyazh.html the scheme is called "non-standard"

IMHO, something like skin below would be more probable:

Regards,
KL
Spitfire

« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2015, 10:02:04 AM »

Yes the second skin looks very good, and similar to the grey/grey one but at the time I only had the kit painting instructions, but I still like it, maybe if they ever bring out an injection moulded kit I'll build another one .

Cheers

Dennis
KL

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2015, 06:01:58 AM »

Yes the second skin looks very good, and similar to the grey/grey one but at the time I only had the kit painting instructions, but I still like it, maybe if they ever bring out an injection moulded kit I'll build another one .

second skin looks like standard 1941 camouflage scheme

gray/gray one should be close to 1943 standatd camouflage scheme for fighters

all this, and much more, can be found at  http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/colors/colors.html

HTH,
KL
JP
Administrator

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2015, 08:04:36 AM »

Very good builds given some of the parts fit.

Are you planning to add some filtering and color modulation, perhaps some streaking effects?
Spitfire

« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2015, 10:01:18 AM »

Thank you both for the kind words and advice, the models are now in the display cabinet, I was just glad to finish them off, I think building 3 at a time was a bit ambitious especially with resin kits, I was heartily sick of them towards the end. Usually I do fade paintwork but did not bother with these kits I was just glad to finish them.

Cheers

Dennis
JP
Administrator

« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2015, 04:39:56 PM »

Oh well, you can always do it later after the bad memories fade.   Grin
learstang

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2015, 06:45:53 PM »

Those models look great, Dennis! Three 1/32nd scale Soviet GPW models together - a rare sight indeed! Some day we'll have a good selection of IM 1/32nd scale GPW kits to choose from. Some day. Maybe.

Regards,

Jason

P.S. Not to advocate violence, but when I hear Luftwaffe modellers complain about this or that Bf-109 or Fw-190 1/32nd scale kit being a bit off, and not as good as company X's kit of the same version I rather wish to punch them in the face.

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Spitfire

« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2015, 09:53:17 AM »

Yes, beggars can't be choosers when it comes to 1/32 scale VVS subjects

Cheers

Dennis
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: