Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
La-5FN of V.I. Popkov
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 05:58:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: La-5FN of V.I. Popkov  (Read 66946 times)
learstang

« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2012, 06:07:00 PM »

Welcome to the site, and thank you for the links!  It's always nice to see a properly-painted VVS model.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2012, 07:41:47 PM »

Hi Michal, and welcome to sovietwarplanes.com! Your La-5FN looks great - I think you nailed it pretty well with the camouflage colours and the angular camouflage pattern. Good work!

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2012, 10:22:15 PM »

Hi Michal,
it's really a beautiful model. The way to compare the photos of the model to the real thing is impressive and convincing.
Regards
Massimo
Pascal

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2012, 11:39:12 PM »

Hi and welcome here, Michal!

Your La-5FN looks very good, I like it!

Pascal

66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2012, 10:15:07 AM »

Hi All,

thank you for your comments, I am happy you like my kit. I still "fight" with SMF - how to post picture to be shown as picture and not as url.
I just started building ICM Lagg-3 and Zvezda La-5, both in 1:48.

Regards,
     66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2012, 06:26:20 PM »

Hi Michal,
first, the photos have to be loaded on another site. Then you have to write the address of the photo, not of the page, on the post.
You can find the address of the uploaded image on the other site by

-selecting the photo on the other page and pushing 'properties',
-then copy the address from the properties,
-paste it inside the post of Sovietwarplanes,
-select it and push the second botton, the one with the picture.

Regards
Massimo
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 06:33:55 PM by Massimo Tessitori » Logged
KL

« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2012, 08:00:37 AM »

Hi Michal,  Smiley
Thanks for the posting.  Your La-5 looks great.

It's interesting to compare "traditional western" (aka Pilavskii influence) and "new" darker shades camouflages

to my eye, darker scheme makes much more sence for a plane flying at mid altitudes.  It's more effective, looks real.

Old lighter, "high contrast" interpretation is ineffective, demasking.  Plane looks like a clown...  Cheesy

66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2012, 10:24:24 AM »

Hi Michal,
first, the photos have to be loaded on another site. Then you have to write the address of the photo, not of the page, on the post.
You can find the address of the uploaded image on the other site by

-selecting the photo on the other page and pushing 'properties',
-then copy the address from the properties,
-paste it inside the post of Sovietwarplanes,
-select it and push the second botton, the one with the picture.

Hi Massimo,

thanks for a help. A corrected my first post - pictures are visible now  Cheesy

Regards.
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2012, 02:34:10 PM »

Hi,
however, the real greys could have different contrast according to many factors.

Regards
Massimo
KL

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2012, 06:24:17 PM »

however, the real greys could have different contrast according to many factors.

Hi Massimo,
we disscussed this many times:  you can not use one single photo to make conclusions about tens of thousands of planes made over two years and deployed in hundred of units.

Photo with no data, location etc. has relativelly small relevance.  You should find out as much info as possible about that photo before you throw it before the people.  To help you a little,
- photo was taken AFTER THE WAR in June or early July 1945
- can't remember for sure, but it was taken either when Normandie-Neman regiment arrived in Paris or in Stutgard on their way to France
- Yaks N-N brought to France were not all brand new - it was rather a collection of planes made at different times, some were in service with N-N for more than 6 months, some were received from other unit, few came from the storage
- planes were repainted in units.  Some N-N planes were renumbered in Stutgard.  What we see on the photo is more representative for repainting in units than for the factory camouflage.

HTH,KL
Bert

« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2012, 08:12:50 PM »

Hi 66misos!
The airleron deflection is incorrect Undecided

« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 08:26:40 PM by Bert » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2012, 08:17:28 PM »

This is true, it should be asymmetrical. One up, the other one down, or both straight.
Regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2015, 08:31:36 AM »

Hi all,
I had a look again to this interesting topic.

I think that the style of rails for the sliding hood makes the idea of La-5F more likely than of a La-5FN.
The early style of canopy, predominant on La-5F, had a slighly curved upper profile, and its rails at first raised a bit (but this part is hidden by the canopy itself), then were slightly descending, parallel and close to the window's edge, and had not a vertical slot at its end. Exactly what we see on this photo.
The later type of canopy was jettisonable; it had straight upper profile, and rails parallel to the lower frame of the sliding hood, far and not parallel from the frame of the rear canopy, and end with an upwards slot. It's not fully clear when it was introduced, but it's by far the dominant type on La-5FN.
Regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2015, 06:58:37 PM »

To tell the truth, I'm not longer sure that what we see is the early type of rails. Could also be that the sliding hood, and the upper part of the rail, were dismounted for some reasons.
Regards
Massimo
steph40

« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2015, 02:12:53 PM »

Hello,
Just a comment, I think that these two pictures are from the same aircraft...

Looks like the dark color (AMT-12) on the tail, starts from the same place: at the end of the left branch of the star, apparently the same white on the rear edge of the rudder and probably the same trees in the background... Same helmet, glasses and clothes.
In this case: Early La-5FN (due the wiring of the antenne mast) "white 75" flown by V. Popkov during......... summer or falls 1943 HuhHuh
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 02:16:53 PM by steph40 » Logged

1/48 aircraft of the Aces
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: