Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Early Er-2 from the A-model kit?
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 11:18:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Early Er-2 from the A-model kit?  (Read 14261 times)
warhawk

« on: March 12, 2015, 08:43:07 AM »

Hello,

Not being familiar with the type, but interested in the early version of Ermolayev Er-2 (with the offset asymmetrical canopy), I would like to know if the A-model kit 1/72 could be converted to it without some major "surgery"?
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 10:41:05 AM »

Hi,
not too easy, but it looks feasible. For that I remember, aside the new canopy you have to modify the engines, coolers, nacelles, rudders.
I haven't made in-depth analysis. Good drawings and photos are available.
Here  http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/Yer-2/Yer-2camo/yer-2camo.htm I have sketches of the early camouflage and some photos.
Please keep us informed if you start this project.
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 06:05:57 PM »

That's one I would like to do also, warhawk. It seems like the changes to the rudders, engines, etc. would be possible, but what would you use for the offset canopy? As I recall, the nose section transparency is much the same, but the cockpit canopy is completely different.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
warhawk

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 06:32:58 PM »

but what would you use for the offset canopy?

Hi Jason,

That's the least of the problems, now, that I've figured out how to make vacuform canopies.
learstang

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 07:25:22 PM »

That's right - you make vacuform canopies! If you make one for the early Yer-2, I'd be interested in paying for one. I think I could do the rest of the changes.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 08:46:39 PM »

By the way: vacuformed MV turret shells for planes as SB, Li-2, Il-4 etc would be good.
Regards
Massimo
warhawk

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 08:43:49 AM »

Thank you all for the suggestions, but as I have already explained in this topic, I won't be making any canopies for sale (too much effort and time for too little money).

If I do make any new canopies in the future, they will be solely for the subject I'm currently working on. I will give out a couple of them, but no more series production.

Aleksandar
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 08:51:23 AM »

I see. It will be interesting anyway.
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: