Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Book Il-2 Shturmovik by Viktor Povinsky, ed. MMPbooks
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 01:56:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Book Il-2 Shturmovik by Viktor Povinsky, ed. MMPbooks  (Read 8048 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« on: March 20, 2015, 08:51:41 AM »

Hi,
I've received a sample of this book by the author, Viktor Povinsky, already known to have released various editions of his work on CD.
The books describes all versions of Il-2, starting from the prototypes up to the ones utilized in foreign air forces after the end of the GPW.
The book is illustrated with many good wartime photos, 5 views line drawing of main versions, drawings of the evolution of the canopy and of the cockpit, many color profiles and 3 views drawings, and  a final part with many detail color photos from museum exhibits and costructive details from the technical manual.
It's no doubt a book of praise for all those are interested into the subject.
Thanks to the author for the sample, and compliments for his good work.
Massimo

66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 02:22:40 PM »

Hi,
here is preview of that book https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOZmF1Dwvrk
Massimo, some profiles differs from your ones, but who knows...
At least screenshots can be made to get picture of the particular aircraft.
Regards,
   66misos

learstang

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 04:59:40 PM »

I have the book, and I have to say it is a good book. It's a bit different from my book, in that it doesn't go into as much detail on the operational history of the Il-2, but it does have a good selection of drawings showing detail differences between different types of the Il-2. I can recommend this book (along with mine, of course, when it comes out in May).

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: