Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
"Ivan Kozhedub La-5 & La-7"
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 08:01:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
  Print  
Author Topic: "Ivan Kozhedub La-5 & La-7"  (Read 96691 times)
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #135 on: February 13, 2016, 10:24:33 AM »

Hi,
nice new photo of afterwar Kozhedub's La-7 posted at VIF:

Note outline on the number 27 and dark area under the number 27 exactly where it should be according to the NKAP 1943 scheme - it again support two-grey camo on Kozhedub's La-7.
Questionable is only area bellow the cockpit under victory stars.

Standard NKAP1943 scheme:

regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #136 on: February 13, 2016, 04:03:58 PM »

Hi Misos,
good image, thank you for posting.
Yes, this area doesn't look changed from the known photo at the unit, only it looks glossy. About the markings on the nose... who knows.
Regards
Massimo
Flavio

« Reply #137 on: February 18, 2016, 10:42:08 PM »

Great finding 66misos,

thanks for sharing

Flavio
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #138 on: January 04, 2017, 12:14:53 PM »

Hi,
I am working on my page on La-7s, and on the plane of Kozhedub in particular.
I've read again all what written in the previous posts.
First, I wonder if there is any more recent link to images of the repainted La-7.

To tell the truth, I am not very convinced of my profile of the plane in spring 1945, the one that resembles more to the plane repainted in the museum. I have not sure informations on how the nose was painted.
It could be that it was identical to the way it appeared at the exposition in Germany, ie already with white spinner and emblems.
Or, that the plane  was more or less as Stankov draws, but with a smaller Guards emblem.
At the end, the pilot that utilized plane 27 instead of Kozhedub  said that there were not medals or victories painted on it, but this is not strongly unconsistent with a white spinner and a Guards emblem (maybe on the red part only).
So I am considering to delete the profile of May 1945, unless new considerations would emerge.. all the emblems.

and leave only that of summer 1944

and of summer 1945.

Any suggestions?

Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #139 on: January 04, 2017, 05:37:40 PM »

Hi Massimo,
I have browsed internet a lot of time since we discussed Kozhedub's La-7, but so far I did not find any new photo/info about Kozhedub's plane.
Yes, there are photos showing Kozhedub's wartime Lavochkin with the red spinner.
And there are afterwar photos with the white spinner.
I really do not see reason to repaint spinner from red to white only for display purpose (although in Army everything is possible). So IMHO white spinner could be somehow related to Berlin operation, kind of unit/plane identification, I do not know. And after the end of the war, they simply cleaned and polished Kozhedub's La-7 and added there all that medals on the engine cowling. And again, I do not know whether those cowling medals were painted together with victory starlets and HSU medal beneath cockpit, or they were addedd latter for Berlin exhibition.
Pages http://rostec.ru/en/news/4516397 and http://russia-insider.com/en/history/aircrafts-great-patriotic-war/ri6672 show the latest reconstruction/interpretation of the Kozhedub's La-7 in the Moscow museum.
Best regards,
   Misos

Johann

« Reply #140 on: January 04, 2017, 10:02:34 PM »

Massimo welcome. If not a secret where the data that the aircraft was Kozhedub red fairing screws? All aircraft Kozhedub photos up to 2010 he was white. There are a number of photos which the fairing screw red, but it is a retouching or photo Kozhedub about foreign aircraft.
Regarding the profile of the summer of '45. The photograph is one and the same machine taken in the same time -
http://aviadejavu.ru/Images6/AK/AK2013-05/54-3.jpg
https://s27.postimg.org/phfgdhh5f/image.jpg
Johann

« Reply #141 on: January 04, 2017, 10:06:16 PM »

I almost forgot. Plane Kozhedub on the state for 44 years. Kok white and has white piping around the red triangle on the hood of the aircraft
http://airaces.narod.ru/all1/kojedb3.jpg
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #142 on: January 05, 2017, 09:30:56 AM »

Hi Misos,
thank you for your considerations.
Hi Johann, there are wartime photos showing Kozhedub close to planes with red spinners, with and without the white outlines on the red triangles. It is possible that not all the planes were '27'. I think that at first the triangles were simply red, then the white fillet was added.
The date when the spinner was repainted from red to white is unknown, I don't know if there is any report. Eventually, one could trust the version of Stankov with white spinner and guards emblem during the war, that is said to be based on an interview to Kozhedub himself, but memoirs after 50 years are a risky source.
Regards
Massimo
Johann

« Reply #143 on: January 05, 2017, 10:21:51 AM »

Yes, all that. There are a series of photographs where Kozhedub stands on the plane with a red background cook, but most likely it's not his car. I unfortunately do not have enough knowledge of English to explain that. But I can throw some pictures with explanations. Unless of course interesting.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #144 on: January 05, 2017, 02:20:45 PM »

Hi Johann, if you have photos, please post them.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #145 on: January 07, 2017, 04:53:19 PM »

Hi Massimo,
red triangles without white outline were surely in La-5FN.
Unfortunately, these photos are not clear/contrast enogh to either confirm od deny white outline on La-7:

Compare them with the upper part of this one:

However, this (wartime) photo clearly shows white outline:

IMHO it is safer to make profile of Kozhedub's La-7 with the white-outlined red triangles.
Regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #146 on: January 08, 2017, 07:06:34 AM »

Hi Misos,I see. Probably I'll show both variants. I'm still wondering if to show an hypothetical profile of the plane in late 1944/early 1945 with white spinner and Guards mark as from the profile of Stankov.
Regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #147 on: March 05, 2017, 12:46:09 PM »

Hi,
I've found this photo of Kozhedub

Note that the plane on the bckground seems to have a fully red nose instead of the triangles.
He has two HSU medals, so the image has to be of spring 1945.
Could this image be related to the following one

that is attributed to 'his' 176 giap in April 1945?
Looks so strange that the unit abandoned its prestigious livery with red triangles and white caps even before the war's end!
Regards
Massimo
warhawk

« Reply #148 on: March 07, 2017, 07:51:25 PM »

Hi guys,
I found a great photo of his La-5FN HERE  Wink
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #149 on: March 07, 2017, 09:21:39 PM »

Good one. Thank you.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
  Print