Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
An-26 1:72
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 12:53:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: An-26 1:72  (Read 44509 times)
learstang

« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2013, 10:46:52 PM »

Brilliant job, Aleks, what's not to like!  I really need to buy me one of these kits - such a great selection of markings and schemes.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2013, 11:11:14 PM »

Hi Aleks,
very beautiful model indeed. I like it on all the respects. How did you do the wire aerial and its details?
Regards
Massimo
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2013, 12:22:26 PM »

Hi Aleks,
fantastic work. Very inspiring. And I have the same question as Massimo above.

66misos

asekular

« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2013, 02:17:41 PM »

Thanks much chaps!

Regarding the antenna, it is a thin nylon monofilament ("invisible thread"). Sorry, I didn?t take any photos of this part of the process.

I usually spray the line with some darker shade of Alclad, before installation. Then it is good to remember to bead all the small bits on the antenna before actually securing it ? it goes much harder if you reverse these steps?  Roll Eyes.

The insulators were made from small pieces of styrene rod. I pre-drill one end of the Evergreen rod ? trying to center the hole with the smallest drill-bit. Then put this end in my pin-vise and try to sharpen it with sandpaper to a conical shape. Then cut the cone off and lead the antenna wire through it. Finger dexterity is quite the benefit here... Usually it takes me double the number of these bits to select the decent ones.

I lead the antenna through the pre-made fairlead on the vertical tail and an an eye in the stub mast, and then double it through a small cylindrical piece of insulation (already threaded on the antenna) - stripped from a thin wire. Touch of superglue holds the whole thing taut.

Hope this makes sense?

Cheers,
Aleks

If I just do what everybody else did, I'd be contributing to the sameness of everythin -C. Beefheart
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2013, 02:02:09 PM »

Looks clear enough... I have just to try and see if I've understood well.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: