Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
new page on Il-2M
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 11:36:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: new page on Il-2M  (Read 43021 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2015, 09:38:52 PM »

Another one.

Plane White 10 was flown by A.I. Trukhov, commander of 103 ShAP.

On 22 March 1945, he guided a group of 6 planes into an attack in Danzig, but his plane was badly hit by an AA shell in the fuselage, wounding the crew. Trukhov managed to return to his airport and the wounded gunner left the plane with a parachute, then the fuselage broke completely during the landing.

The first photo seem to show a sharp white area under the fuselage, probably a recognition mark for the commander's plane that supplemented the white band brought on the rear fuselage (sides and below only) by all planes of 103 ShAP, as shown in the small photos below.
The photos allow to see that plane 10 was a straight-wing Il-2M with metal wing consoles, as typical of the production of Z.18 in late 1943.
The camouflage pattern was reconstructed on the base of these photos and of other Il-2s built by the same factory.
Images and informations via Vitaliy Timoshenko.

Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2015, 04:05:41 AM »

Very nice one, Massimo! By the way, the publication date for the book has been pushed back to May.

Best Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2015, 06:55:16 AM »

Hi Jason,
I see. Are you making any modifications?
Regards
Massimo
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 09:11:55 AM by Massimo Tessitori » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2015, 04:41:40 PM »

Hi all,
another one:

This plane 'White 100' was probably flown by Colonel Nikolai Pavlovich Terekhov, commander of 136 ShAD from July 1944 up to May 1945; Terekhov appears close to this plane on another photo.

From what we can see, the plane looks built by Zavod 1 because of the tail wheel fairing and the painting of the tail. The plane is a straight-wing one, probably with tall mast, and without the gunner's canopy.

Both the number 100 and the stars on the fuselage appear to have an intermediate angulation between the plane's axis and the ground. The spinner looks white, but there could be a cover on it. Seems that there was some repainting of the camouflage between the '100' and the red star on the fuselage.

Thanks to Vitaliy Timoshenko for the informations.

Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2015, 06:10:30 PM »

Very nice, Massimo! I love that puzzle-type camouflage of Zavod 1 on the starboard wing. I need to try that on a model sometime.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2015, 06:44:35 PM »

Hi Jason,
I'm glad you like it. I'll draw still some Il-2s, then I'll start with a new subject.
Regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2015, 09:55:11 PM »

Hi,
here is a new one, particularly nice.

Plane White 100  of Ivan Panin of 210 ShAP in early 1944.

http://www.warheroes.ru/hero/hero.asp?Hero_id=15299

The profile is based on a photo that I can't publish for copyright reasons, from V. Timoshenko.

The plane, probably made in Zavod 1, shows a fantasious winter camouflage made with thin irregularly sprayed curved lines (often shaped as S, O, C, 3 etc) probably on a brown/green/grey base camouflage. The white 100 has a black outline and black 'moustaches' above and below the 'eyes'.

Other markings, if any, are unknown, because the photo shows only the part between the canopy and the star on the fuselage.

Regards
Massimo
barneybolac

« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2015, 10:36:24 PM »

I like that one.
barneybolac

« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2015, 11:19:41 AM »

Hi,
here is a new one, particularly nice.

Plane White 100  of Ivan Panin of 210 ShAP in early 1944.

http://www.warheroes.ru/hero/hero.asp?Hero_id=15299

The profile is based on a photo that I can't publish for copyright reasons, from V. Timoshenko.

The plane, probably made in Zavod 1, shows a fantasious winter camouflage made with thin irregularly sprayed curved lines (often shaped as S, O, C, 3 etc) probably on a brown/green/grey base camouflage. The white 100 has a black outline and black 'moustaches' above and below the 'eyes'.

Other markings, if any, are unknown, because the photo shows only the part between the canopy and the star on the fuselage.

Regards
Massimo

Greebo did this skin for the video game I play it turned out great.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,372259.0.html

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2015, 02:17:55 PM »

Great images.
But I think that the camo blotches on the spinner should be blurried for the moving.  I suggest to make the whole spinner in uniform color for a better effect.
Regards
Massimo.
learstang

« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2015, 05:50:37 PM »

Those are nice (both the game version and Massimo's original). I've never seen a photograph of an Il-2 done up in the German-type "squiggle" camouflage like that.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
barneybolac

« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2015, 05:52:27 PM »

Great images.
But I think that the camo blotches on the spinner should be blurried for the moving.  I suggest to make the whole spinner in uniform color for a better effect.
Regards
Massimo.

The non spinning spinner is a quirk within the game when you take screen shots.
At all other times it is spinning.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: