Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Modelsvit 1/48 Yak-9DD
Sovietwarplanes
April 20, 2024, 12:26:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Modelsvit 1/48 Yak-9DD  (Read 17046 times)
JP
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2016, 03:15:01 PM »

Hi Jean,
very nice. I like that subtle weathering and semi-gloss finish. IMHO it is much more appropriate than dirty hard matt surface as usually seen on the other models on Internet.
Regards,
    66misos

Same here.  I'm from the Tony Greenland school - flat is lifeless/dead.  Even tanks aren't perfectly flat.  I haven't used neat flat in...a long time. 
Apex1701

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2016, 05:44:45 PM »

Hi guys,

thanks for your comments.
I do love subtle weathering too. What's helped me is that the 812th IAP was using in combat their 9T for about a month when Mashenkin was shot down.

How did you do the canopy? It looks good.
I cut the Modelsvit canopy in parts. Since the center part was ruined I used an Accurate Miniatures Yab-1b center part.

Yes Massimo I have the stills and I posted them in my constructions posts on Master 194.
www.master194.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=90235&start=40
Do you want me to post them in the Yaks forum pages ?

Jean
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: