Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Dakoplast 1/72 Yak-9T
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 11:36:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dakoplast 1/72 Yak-9T  (Read 11647 times)
learstang

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2015, 06:39:31 PM »

It looks very nice to me!

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
dancho

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2015, 10:50:28 PM »

Thank you sir. Does anybody know if this aircraft actually had a red spinner? I guess what I'm asking is "Is there a photo showing a darker (maybe red) spinner?" or a document saying "Ah, yes, I remember it well. Had a red spinner, if I recall correctly." I had to repaint the spinner red on the Yak-3 so maybe I'll continue the tradition. Cheesy
dancho

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2015, 12:17:58 AM »

No red spinner for this one. But I've added some weathering and post-shading, using charcoal pencils and ground charcoal applied with a micro-brush.

The canopy is a disappointment. I use so many Falcon vacform canopies I am now spoiled.
learstang

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2015, 04:25:36 AM »

That looks great with the decals on! Makes me want to finish my Yak-9K.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
dancho

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2015, 07:12:01 PM »

I replaced the antenna mast and pitot tube with with bamboo. The bamboo comes from "skewers" used to make barbeque. I use them to stir paint, but after replacing the aerial and mast on a 1/72 Oscar for the tenth time I realized that the bamboo could be used. Using it allows for a more "to scale" appearance AND the big advantage of being very hard to break. I drill a hole and then insert the bamboo part deep into the plastic. Only a very determined wife or pet or varmint could dislodge it.  Shocked

I use the Tombo glue to attach wires made of of nitinol.  Nitinol wires, combined with the Tombo glue and bamboo parts, make a complete "set" that solves (almost) the problem of having these parts knocked off due to dusting or handling or dog playing fetch with it.

IF the aerial wire becomes dislodged, it can be easily re-attached because the Tombo glue remains sticky. The nitinol will not kink or break. You can cut it with scissors (a bit hard on the scissors).

Here's the finished job.

...and Vybornov's Yak-9T takes its place on the shelf.

I wish I had replaced the canopy with a vac-form, or opened it up or something. The landing gear was a bit difficult to assemble. No "fool-proof" method--so things being as they are.... Grin Whatever I managed to foul up I found the kit to be a lot of fun. Next time--after market decals, canopy, cockpit....oh never mind. Roll Eyes
learstang

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2015, 09:56:19 PM »

Excellent Yak-9T! The colours look really good. I see that you have a Yak-3 in the background to keep it company.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2015, 06:45:07 AM »

Nice model, it takes its place on the shelf.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: