Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Soviet Warplanes site future
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 03:14:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Soviet Warplanes site future  (Read 27408 times)
JP
Administrator

« on: June 27, 2015, 09:05:48 PM »

Gents,

A short note which may be of interest to you all.  My long, personal disaster appears to be drawing to a close, and while I lost a great deal over the last few years, things are beginning to stabilize.  I think I can safely say that the future of this site is now very safe.

That doesn't mean we won't be looking for more cost-effective hosting solutions based on what we actually use (bluehost has evolved into a full-service merchant-style ho$t), but the domain is safe and ours to do with as we please.

Who knows, I might even attempt to reconstruct my modeling bench and get back to work on some plastic bits.

Carry on.   Smiley

JP
Dark Green Man

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 03:25:01 AM »

I look forward to seeing more models from you ,JP

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 08:01:54 AM »

Welcome back, JP. I hope that you'll restart to follow the site and the modelism. A new workbench will be a great step.
Regards
Massimo
JP
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 01:58:44 AM »

Well, unlike most men that I've known in my position, I'm glad I did not panic and preemptively dump all my kits I've collected all these years.  Having watched a few guys go through this, every one of them regretted it once they were "free" and realized it was an unnecessary move and now all their kits were gone for pennies on the dollar.  So, I have all my kits and am still above water.  I have a desk of sorts.  The problem is all the small bits that got scattered in move after move after move during this overly-long process.  I'd even re-purchased a basic stock of tools/supplies at one point, but now that stuff is literally all over and I'm having a hell of a time getting it all in one place.  In time, though, I will.

More importantly from a personal perspective, the depression that haunted me for so long during this, and which completely killed any urge to sit and work on anything, seems to have lifted and my interest in things like this is returning.

See you guys soon.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 06:48:43 AM »

Hi JP,
so you could organize a compact and easy to move laboratory for your needs.
Regards
Massimo
Spitfire

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 09:32:38 AM »

Great news that the site is safe, especially for the stash of VVS subjects that I would like to build !

Cheers

Dennis
Apex1701

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 05:37:17 PM »

JP,

I'm glad that you're better and the depression is behind you.
Time to think of more pleasant things to do !!!

All the very best.

Jean
otto

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 01:04:31 PM »

Welcome back, JP!
People like us, accustomed to rebuild a lost propeller blade or make a scratched canopy shine again, can get rid of any trouble!  Wink
Dark Green Man

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 02:42:55 AM »

so , now that you are back does that mean it is time to get more models into the gallery? Grin
I have been going into old photo CD's for things that did not get posted to another website and could now be added here.
some of these models were completed and photographed as far back as 2005 !

also , what is the correct method for contact?
I do not have the same email address that I had back then and I am guessing you probably don't either.

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
JP
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2015, 11:17:41 PM »

The one in the new forum accounts thread is still valid.
Dark Green Man

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2015, 02:07:23 AM »

just sent you a test email called "Email test"  Smiley

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2015, 07:27:21 AM »

Hi,
the year is ending again and I haven't had recent contacts with JP Myers, so I can't assure that this domain will be renewed. I hope so, but I know that JP has problems with his family and hasn't answered to my mails till now.
I've asked the help of Jasu Terava to backup this forum and to update the copy at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanestest/board/index.php, we'll do this around the mid of December as we did the last year.
The clone site http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanestest/mig3.sovietwarplanes/ will be updated too, in case.
Regards
Massimo
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 07:34:49 AM by Massimo Tessitori » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2015, 10:53:41 AM »

Hi,
I've updated the clone site at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanestest/mig3.sovietwarplanes/ and now it is at pair with the original one. The latest page added is a collection of profiles and photos of Soviet Tu-2 by Misos, completing his page on this subject.
The clone forum http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanestest/board/index.php was updated with all the posts up to December 16, 2015. Subcessive posts will eventually have to be copied and posted manually by their authors.
Please, all of you check if you can find, enter and post on the backup forum.
I would thank Jasu Terava for his assistance in the move of the forum.
Have an happy Xmas.
Massimo
Spitfire

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2015, 09:16:27 PM »

Signed in and posted successfully, no problems

Cheers

Dennis
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2015, 08:41:05 PM »

Hi,
we're working to change the name of the directories and make the path shorter. I'll give the new link as soon as it will be functioning.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: