Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
polikarpo I 185
Sovietwarplanes
March 19, 2024, 11:26:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: polikarpo I 185  (Read 5294 times)
hmirasol

« on: August 25, 2015, 01:58:41 PM »

Gentlemen

After been in the dry dock as a modeler for quite a while I have re started the hobby with a new Project.
I am currently building the Polikarpov ARK model I 185 in 1/48
I have scratch build the interior and done some Surface details ( riveting) 
Unfortunately I am not familiar yet with the procedure to post images, but I shall try. In the mean time I shall be grateful if anybody can give me information for the possible paints schemes as at the time I am only aware of a green/ blue scheme and I would like to find something more colorful if possible
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 02:58:08 PM »

Hello Hector,
welcome at this forum. I think I saw some your kits at vvs.hobbyvista pages years ago, when my interest in VVS had been developed.
Regards,
   66misos

Troy Smith

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 02:51:39 AM »

Gentlemen

After been in the dry dock as a modeler for quite a while I have re started the hobby with a new Project.
I am currently building the Polikarpov ARK model I 185 in 1/48
I have scratch build the interior and done some Surface details ( riveting) 
Unfortunately I am not familiar yet with the procedure to post images, but I shall try. In the mean time I shall be grateful if anybody can give me information for the possible paints schemes as at the time I am only aware of a green/ blue scheme and I would like to find something more colorful if possible

Hi Hector

AFAIK Green over blue is the only option, unless you wanted a 'What-if' scheme.    I'm not sure what Green/blue myself, I presume either  AII or AMT types?

Metallic Details have made a etch set for the kit.
http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MDPE4801

Not in stock at Hannants as yet, but I've seen it listed at Ukrainian web sites.

Posting images is easy, they need to be on a photo host server online, then you just paste the URL into the image box in the tool bar when you post.

HTH
T
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 08:03:00 AM »

Hi Hector,
AFAIK Green over blue is the only option, unless you wanted a 'What-if' scheme.    I'm not sure what Green/blue myself, I presume either  AII or AMT types?
I agree with Troy. I can add that the colors appear very gloss on the known photos, that could be an indication for AII paints but also compatible with AMT made glossy to minimize air drag. My guess is for AMT because the blue is not too light despite the light reflection from the snow.
Regards
Massimo
hmirasol

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 12:34:51 PM »

Thanks for the information and sorry for the spelling mistake. It should be Polikarpov, obviously.

Regarding the color scheme it seems quite clear I have to go for the green and blue option.
The project is under way, I have scratch build the inside ( a pity that the metal parts were not at hand) I have done it with the little info I had, mostly a couple of pictures with a partial view on the plane inners ). Both halfs of the fuselage are now together, and The assembly of the nose is also done. The engine is quite deep in the nose  and not really visible, but I could not face building it as it was out of the box , so I used  the engine provided  in the  La-5 Zvezda kit, which fits quite well and is suitable for the purpose.
So far, not  bad. Now I am preparing for priming and painting, and I will follow your suggestions.
Gracias!
Troy Smith

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 04:49:10 PM »

Thanks for the information and sorry for the spelling mistake. It should be Polikarpov, obviously.

Regarding the color scheme it seems quite clear I have to go for the green and blue option.
The project is under way, I have scratch build the inside ( a pity that the metal parts were not at hand) I have done it with the little info I had, mostly a couple of pictures with a partial view on the plane inners ). Both halfs of the fuselage are now together, and The assembly of the nose is also done. The engine is quite deep in the nose  and not really visible, but I could not face building it as it was out of the box , so I used  the engine provided  in the  La-5 Zvezda kit, which fits quite well and is suitable for the purpose.
So far, not  bad. Now I am preparing for priming and painting, and I will follow your suggestions.
Gracias!

Hi Hector

There were a load of interior shots of the I-185 posted up on Scalemodel.ru I think, I have memories of being impressed at the detail visible, there may have even been a link here!

ah, yes,  a quick search
http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_30546_start_0.html

Bit late for the inside, maybe of use for wheel wells and other details though.

HTH
T
Johann

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 04:50:47 PM »

With permission to ask - you do

I-185 to M-71 Projects 1942 Plant number 51  or I-185 to M-82 Projects 1941 Plant number 51 ??
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: