Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Tu-2 profile drawings
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 11:57:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Tu-2 profile drawings  (Read 43058 times)
barneybolac

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2015, 03:31:14 PM »

This video is about as good as it gets for a WWII aircraft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWWfam0tw_Y
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2015, 06:15:11 PM »

Hi,
black-green version after another corrections (hope already finished):

This 3-color version
EDIT - corrected camouflage on the nose:

should be this plane:

Regards,
    66misos
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 11:12:36 AM by 66misos » Logged

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2015, 05:56:07 AM »

Hi Misos,
I think that the nose of the second plane should be light brown, regardless of the factory template. Looks common between Tu-2s.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2015, 08:40:48 AM »

Hi Massimo,
may be yes, but I do not see demarcation line between respective light brown and dark (grey) which starts in the middle of the cockpit and continues to the front. There are strong light reflections on the upper nose.
Regards,
  66misos

Johann

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2015, 09:48:18 AM »

I think that the nose of the second plane should be light brown,

I think so too. And the dividing line color of the cockpit in the picture is shifted further

66misos

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2015, 11:14:18 AM »

Hi,
3-color camo version corrected on the nose according to your inputs - see my Reply #16 above.
Thank you.
Regards,
   66misos

66misos

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2015, 06:33:04 PM »

Hi,
here is the next one:
EDIT: see my post at http://sovietwarplanes.com/board/index.php?topic=2112.msg17734#msg17734

It should be this plane:

Description from Massimo's Mig3 page:
"This plane, delivered with the camouflage during the war, had its upper surfaces repainted in solid green after the war's end."
And I would add that according to the strongly weathered star on the vertical stabilizer they repainted only originally dark grey and light brown areas. Original green color they kept as it was. Plus, it seems they added red star on the rear fuselage - at least I see there something what could be top tip of the star.
Similiarly to this plane:

Best regards,
  66misos
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 08:01:35 PM by 66misos » Logged

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2015, 07:40:45 PM »

Hi Misos,
interesting interpretation, about the repainting of brown and grey areas only.
The rectangular light on the end of the fuselage is missing.
Regards
Massimo
Johann

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2015, 06:11:45 AM »

Such an option is not interesting?
camouflage pattern on it AMT-11 AMT-12
the inscription on the starboard side, on the left is only the inscription Москва

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2015, 07:06:16 AM »

Hi Johann,
are you sure that this plane was grey? I know that it was represented in this way on Aviakollectsia's profiles, but I have many doubts that this is reliable.
I made some researches and what I have found is published here: http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/tu-2/tu-2camo/tu-2camo.htm.
Unfortunately it's rather unconclusive, but plane 32 of the same unit shows clearly two dark shades on the rudder that are compatible with green/grey/brown factory template, while the upper surface of wings of this and of of many planes seems strangely light as if it was all brown; more probably, it's in faded 3-colors camo, while only the rear fuselage and tail were freshly repainted because more accessible.
Of course, it's impossible to deduct colors from a bw photo, but the ministerial template of 1945, with amt-11 and 12, is not shown in any of the known photos. If factories turned to grey camo in 1945, they should have built hundreds of planes with that painting. Besides it's known that postwar-built Tu-2s and even Tu-14 had the 3 shades camouflage made in glossy colors.
Regards
Massimo
Johann

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2015, 08:20:55 AM »

Hi Massimo - For the same publication, can be supplemented. The inscription on the starboard side
Moscow
From the workers of the Kiev region
Москва
От трудящихся Киевского района
As for the color, I think I stepped on a rake tezhe that Кондратьев (Kondratiev).
Based same research Вахламова (Vahlamova) gray-gray camouflage on this machine could not be. It was introduced in the 45 and 44. The photo was taken in I offer my apologies for inaccuracy.
66misos

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2015, 11:42:48 AM »

Hi,

@Massimo,
The rectangular light on the end of the fuselage is added, see pict above. Thanks for note.

@Johann,
It is quite time consuming to trace all that text (Moskva, ot...) and I have only limited time now. So may be latter.

EDIT:
Here are two profiles of Hungarian Tu-2 from the fifties from the Russian forums, I do not know how they are reliable.

According to the description is had standard VVS painting and marking, only stars seems to be modified.
Regards,
   66misos
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 10:03:50 PM by 66misos » Logged

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2015, 02:32:26 PM »

Hi Johann,
I hoped that you have some sure information on grey Tu-2s.
Regards
Massimo
Johann

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2015, 05:23:48 PM »

Unfortunately, the bombers are not my element.
Ohotnyik

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2015, 07:47:59 AM »

Hello Missos!

Sadly there are only a few picture about the Hungarian TU-2 "T?zok".
You can find some here:

http://www.avia-info.hu/talalat.php?GTA=t799

They were in use only a short time period. They had several versions, and repaired war demages could be found on them.
What is impotant that the Hungarian insignia is white in a red star, and within the white there is a green disc according to the national colours.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: