Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Hello from a french modeller !
Sovietwarplanes
April 18, 2024, 09:49:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from a french modeller !  (Read 4388 times)
Jirokoh

« on: October 20, 2015, 07:39:08 PM »

Hello,

Let me introduce myself, I'm a 19 year old french modeller, for 4 years now. I came towards you today because I'm currently building a 1/72nd straight winged two seater Il-2 from Academy, and always looking for new information on it ! Smiley
A friend of mine (which is also on this forum : Pascal) lend me Jason Nicholas Moore's book on the Il-2, and it is really helpful ! Cheesy
I'm planning on doing an all metal wing Il-2, with flaps down, so some scratch work in prevision ! Smiley

Here are a couple of pictures of where I'm currently at :

I started riveting the intrados wings Smiley

Hope you enjoy it ! Smiley
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 10:02:12 PM by Jirokoh » Logged
otto

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 09:31:55 PM »

Bienvenue, Jirokoh!
19 year old? Then modellers are not in danger of extinction! Grin
You did a great job so far and making rivets is a difficult, but right, choice.
Jirokoh

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 09:46:07 PM »

I hope there not ! Cheesy
Thank you ! We'll see what it gives when it comes to the painting part ! Wink
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 07:00:19 AM »

Welcome here Maxime.
Work is excellent till now. I've the same kit still to build.
About Academy model, I've  the impression that the nose is a bit too angular on the sides of the upper air intake, when seen from 3/4. Perhaps some filing could resolve the thing.
Regards
Massimo
Jirokoh

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 07:12:44 PM »

Welcome here Maxime.
Work is excellent till now. I've the same kit still to build.
About Academy model, I've  the impression that the nose is a bit too angular on the sides of the upper air intake, when seen from 3/4. Perhaps some filing could resolve the thing.
Regards
Massimo

Thank you Massimo ! And once again, thank you for your help ! Smiley
I trust you on the air intake issue, I haven't build it yet, and wouldn't have noticed the problem anyway I think  Grin
But there is a problem with the flaps, they are represented as the ones on a swept wing, so I'm going to fill them, and regrave them Smiley
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 09:19:41 PM »

Hi Maxime,
perhaps it's easier to cut the flaps and reposition them in open position than to regrave them.
Regards
Massimo
Jirokoh

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 09:20:32 PM »

Hi Maxime,
perhaps it's easier to cut the flaps and reposition them in open position than to regrave them.
Regards
Massimo

What I meant, is that the acutal graving is wrong, it's not where it shoulb be Smiley
I've already cut the flaps, I'm going to represent them down Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: