Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Ayup from up t'north!
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 10:31:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ayup from up t'north!  (Read 9680 times)
Ivan the Risible

« on: October 23, 2015, 12:06:31 PM »

Hi everyone and thanks to the admins for approve my request to join. I am along time observer of the whole Soviet thing, especially their aviation and after returning to modelling a few years ago with the Revell Akranoplan I have since had a go at the Hobbyboss IL-2 in 1/72 and have the single seat in 1/32 in the stash. I found your wonderful site while chasing up the Mig 3 kits which I am sure I will be getting around to sooner or later and I don't think I could have found many places better to get all the details although I'm more of a fun builder than a rivet counter. I think I will be mostly reading but will attempt to join in with the discussions wherever I can with my limited knowledge. Wink
Jirokoh

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 11:31:20 AM »

Welcome ! Smiley

Do you have any pictures of your Il-2 ? Because I myself am currently buildint Academy's one ! Smiley
Ivan the Risible

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 11:17:53 AM »

OK here are a few

The Hobbyboss kit might not be the best for accuracy but its a quick, easy build that you could add details to if you wanted and it leaves you wanting to make another!

learstang

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 07:35:28 PM »

Welcome to the site, 'Ivan'! Nice Il-2, although you probably know that the arrow, the swept-wing version of the Il-2, didn't have the 37-mm cannons. That's one HB messed up on (only the straight-winged two-seater, like the Academy kit, carried them, under the wooden-covered wings). Still, it is an easy kit, and the dimensions and moulding are good. I have one with some left-over 23-mm cannons from the Tamiya kit I'll get around to some day. Il-2's are sort of 'my thing'.

Best Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Ivan the Risible

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 12:26:46 AM »

Welcome to the site, 'Ivan'! Nice Il-2, although you probably know that the arrow, the swept-wing version of the Il-2, didn't have the 37-mm cannons. That's one HB messed up on (only the straight-winged two-seater, like the Academy kit, carried them, under the wooden-covered wings). Still, it is an easy kit, and the dimensions and moulding are good. I have one with some left-over 23-mm cannons from the Tamiya kit I'll get around to some day. Il-2's are sort of 'my thing'.

Best Regards,

Jason

Hi Jason, I am now aware of a lot of inaccuracies with the Il-2 models, thanks mainly to you and everyone here and the wealth of knowledge and enthusiasm that exists on the web for this aircraft and its variants. I bought two of this kit so still have another to do when I get around to it, along with a HB Il-2 in 1/32, the whitewashed single seater .
AC26

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 09:58:47 PM »

Nice Il-2, although you probably know that the arrow, the swept-wing version of the Il-2, didn't have the 37-mm cannons. That's one HB messed up on (only the straight-winged two-seater, like the Academy kit, carried them, under the wooden-covered wings). Still, it is an easy kit, and the dimensions and moulding are good. I have one with some left-over 23-mm cannons from the Tamiya kit I'll get around to some day.
Hi,

Am I the only one having problems with the V-form and wing-fuselage seam on the upper surfaces? It was tricky for me to hide and all the hatches needed to be redone. In comparison to Tamiya I wouldn't bother any more expect sourcing better wheels to the great T kit!

Cheers,

AaCee
Spitfire

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2015, 10:07:11 AM »

Il-2's are sort of 'my thing'.

Best Regards,

Jason
A slight understatement !!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: