Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Henri Farman HF-27, Scratch-Build In 1/72, FINISHED
Sovietwarplanes
April 19, 2024, 11:36:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Henri Farman HF-27, Scratch-Build In 1/72, FINISHED  (Read 12857 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2015, 09:05:40 AM »

Nice I-16. Is it painted by brush?
I have both the kits, them both would deserve a replacement vacuformed canopy. I have one for the 24, but I don't know where to find replacements for the squared one of type 5.
Old Man

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2015, 04:09:23 PM »

I always work with a brush, Sir, and always in 1/72 scale. I use acrylics cut with Future, which goes a long way to eliminating brush arks, and often hit the coats with fine-grit polishing pads.

On this one I used a 'one brush, two paints) technique to get a softer border for the colors. A wide, flat edge brush; apply one color to each side of it; apply with the center of the brush moving along the desired boundary; use one stroke only. Applied next to each other like that, the colors blend a bit. You need to clean the brush and re-apply color after a couple of strokes, and it is good to apply the color to the large brush using a separate, smaller brush for each color.
learstang

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2015, 09:48:25 PM »

Beautiful Farman - incredible work, OM! I didn't even know you were on this site (or perhaps I did but have forgotten - each scenario has the same likelihood). I like your Ishak also. Now if you really wanted a scratchbuild project, you could scratch the Kalinin K-7 in 1/72nd scale!

Best Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: