Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Hataka acrylics
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 12:29:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Hataka acrylics  (Read 9824 times)
Pete57

« on: December 25, 2015, 11:36:59 PM »

The Hataka Company of Poland is producing two sets of acrylics devoted to the VVS

http://hataka-hobby.com/products/early-ww2-soviet-air-force-paint-set/

http://hataka-hobby.com/products/late-ww2-soviet-air-force-paint-set/

Has someone tried them and can report as of their accuracy?

Best regards,

Pete57

Pete57
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 10:07:27 AM »

Hi Pete,
looks interesting.
I don't know about their accuracy, but I guess they are based on AKAN colors. Can be an easier to find alternative. I hope to find some report on future.
It could be good to post this interesting link in the alternative forum too, this one could die soon.
Regards
Massimo
Pete57

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 02:42:19 PM »

According to Modelling News http://www.themodellingnews.com/2015/02/new-colour-road-test-painting-hataka.html they are easy to spray - even thinned with tap water - while a definite minus is the fact that if no primer is used, the dry paint tend to easily peel off the plastic.

Pete57
Piotr Mikolajski

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 10:26:56 PM »

In early 2016 they have changed paint formula and I got set for test. Unfortunately not Soviet colours so I can't tell anything about accuracy. But from technical point of view I've diluted it with isopropyl alcohol and worked very well. Here are some photos from test → http://nowosci.plastikowe.pl/aktualnosci/pv-hataka-hobby-1945-ww2-german-afv-htk-as036/
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 04:22:06 AM »

Regarding accuracy of colours, I bought the pre-1943 set; this includes the two greens AMT-4 and AIIz. Comparing these to the corresponding Akan acrylics, I found them to be considerably lighter than the Akan paints. The set also includes AE-9, AIIg, and AMT-7; these looked reasonably close to the Akan equivalents, IIRC. The paint itself was quite thick, needing some dilution to apply smoothly with a brush.

John
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 06:37:07 PM »

I double-checked my paint samples - of the two blue colours, Hataka's AMT-7 is a perfect match for Akan AMT-7; Hataka's AIIg is very slightly lighter than Akan's, but I would still use it without any concern. AE-9 is a good match for the chip on the research pages on this site. Besides AMT-4 and AIIz (neither of which I would use because they appear too light in colour), this leaves three more-or-less generic colours in the set of 8 - black (AMT-6), white (MK-7), and aluminum (AII-Al?).

John
sanjuro

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 10:12:26 PM »

Hello,
i am new to this forum and would like to use this thread as a start.

A few month ago i did an online-build of Zvezda's Pe-8.
My first intention was to use Hatakas acrylics but after a paint-test i finally used Akan paints.
Not because Hatakas paints were unusable, but because they seemed wrong in their visual
appearance. Don't get me wrong. The quality of the paint is very good, comparable to Vallejos
acrylics which i like a lot.
As a newbie to the subject of soviet modeling i got some valuable information on that forum by
people who seemed to know a lot on this topic.
It also brought me to this forum as a guest and here i found, and still do so, even more informations.

But enough talk.
Here is my contribution by showing a picture i did while doing that online-build.
It is a side-by-side comparison of the Hataka- and Akan-paints i had for the Pe-8.
Focus on the paints and not the very old Lightning-model. It's from way back in the
seventies when a strong undercarriage for the rough landings on the floor were more
important to me than questions on colors  Grin

Bilder hochladen

I tried a lot of camera-settings to create a picture which gets close to the appearance of the colours
in reality. It might be a little bit lighter than the real thing but comes very close.
The difference is clearly visible i think.

But in comparison with other colours the A-21m changed it's appearance again as you can see
on this picture on the Pe-8 (with Akan's AMT-4 and AMT-12)

Bilder hochladen

The paints on that picture are pure from the bottle, no fading/washing....

So beside AMT-7, which seem to be okay, Hataka's A-21m, AMT-4 and AMT-12 seem to be wrong?
At least for a newbie like me it looks to be that way.

I hope this might be useful for some people and also hope to contribute more to this forum in the future.

Greetings from Germany

Friedhelm

PS: i think AMT-12 for the Pe-8 is as wrong as the AMT-4 but i couldn't lay my hands on the correct colours
at that time.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 06:10:38 AM »

Hi Friedhelm,
thank you for this comparison. I suspect that Hataka has conformed to the chips of Pilavskii, that were most credited years ago but have been recognized as unreliable today.
Why do you think that AMT-4 and 12 are wrong? Is it a matter of version of the plane?
Regards
Massimo
sanjuro

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 08:24:54 AM »

Hello,

from what I've learned and was told the Pe-8 was an all-metal construction plane. And being that, it
had to be painted with A-21m, A-24m and A-26m on the upside parts and A-28m on the underside.
All starting with the introduction of the paint-directive in autumn 1943.
Again, i am a new to this and still learning. So maybe i am wrong.

On the other hand is your explanation regarding those  colour-chips by Pilavskii an interesting
aspect. I will give this info to someone who might be interested to hear this. Mainly, because
he is selling those Hataka- and Akan-paints.

So, thank you again.

Best regards
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2016, 01:53:45 PM »

Hi Sanjuro,
For what I know, A-24m and A-26m are not far from the corresponding AMT,  perhaps more matt. Well. much depends on the year of the plane. If it has AM-35s, it should come out from the factory in black and green. Brown could eventually be a later addition,
A-28m... well, some were really painted this way, but the black finish became a standard soon.
The shade of A-28m is an embarassing problem: the chip of Nakrasok alboom shows a sort of Sky, pale and greenish, while other reliable sources show a darker blue, similar to AM:T-7 and A-28g. I can suppose that not all the stocks were identical.
Regards
Massimo
sanjuro

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 11:58:03 AM »

Hi,

well, i painted my Pe-8 (42088) with the green, grey-brown and black colours on the upper sides and
A28m on the underside. The A-28m is a mixture of Humbrol Hu 89 as the base-colour and some Hu 147.
In the end it was nearly an exact match to Hataka's AMT-7.

This picture shows the Pe-8 painted with this mixture. On the right you can see a color-sample of the original Hu-98.

fotos kostenlos

Sorry for being off-topic.

Best regards
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2016, 02:09:09 PM »

Hi,
the mix looks a good choice.
Regards
Massimo
Psy06

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2016, 07:07:13 PM »

Offtopic. I have already said that the Zvezda' PE-8 kits themselves are toys, not a models. For example 42088 that people often build, actually different modification, than what can be builded from a kit.

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2016, 03:54:51 PM »

Hi,
is the difference limited to the lower mast and to the reinforcement on the fuselage sides?
Regards
Massimo
Psy06

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2016, 09:05:38 PM »

Hi,
is the difference limited to the lower mast and to the reinforcement on the fuselage sides?
Regards
Massimo

Different engine cowlings (mostly panel lines), drainage fins, radiator flaps.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: