Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
ICM announce a new 1:48 Polikarpov I-16 Type 24
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 09:35:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICM announce a new 1:48 Polikarpov I-16 Type 24  (Read 3665 times)
VelvetFrog66

« on: January 06, 2016, 03:08:56 PM »

Hi,

very pleased to see that ICM have announced a new tool I-16 Type 24. Hopefully this will be the best one yet. Currently dealing with the Eduard kit which has its share of problems. It's about time there was an accurate, well detailed I-16. Fingers crossed ICM will get it right.

Projected release last quarter of 2016.

Cheers
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 06:28:47 AM »

Hi,
this is an interesting news. It was announced on their catalogue long time ago, but the delay date was a mystery. There should be a I-153 in 1/48 too that is even more due, given the  few  available alternatives.
Regards
Massimo
VelvetFrog66

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 06:30:48 PM »

Hi Massimo,

didn't know this had been announced earlier. News is on Britmodeler.com. Hannants have it on their website as an up-coming release and they are usually pretty reliable with their information.

The ICM 1:48 I-153 has been released. At least in Russia anyway. Have seen an inbox review which was brief but positive.

Speaking of I-153s (and I-15 Bis) I see AMG have released a variety of limited edition I-15 based aircraft kits in 1:48. Haven't seen any in person but the sprue pictures look quite nice. The fabric effect  looks accurate and restrained. No starved cow look. A nice photo etched fret comes with the kits too. The fret includes the rigging. Overall they look very nice. I'd like to hear what the experts on these aircraft have to say about the shapes.

Cheers.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 02:20:18 PM »

Hi,
the recent release of I-153 was new for me. I've found a review at
http://www.aeroscale.co.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=10992
Not surprisingly, it seems that the kit has, more or less, the praises of its 1/72 brother.
Regards
Massimo
Dark Green Man

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 02:51:36 AM »

....same old boring subjects on the decal sheet.....

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: