Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Red star sizes on P.P Savenko's I-16 No.72?
Sovietwarplanes
April 16, 2024, 07:45:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Red star sizes on P.P Savenko's I-16 No.72?  (Read 3514 times)
VelvetFrog66

« on: January 14, 2016, 02:09:59 PM »

Hi,

I'm currently building Eduard's I-16 type 24 (weekend edition) in the markings of P.P Savenko. I masked and painted the tail number (in silver) but intended to use the kit decals for the national markings. However when I started applying the red stars it seemed they were rather small. I checked photos of I-16s and the stars did appear to be larger than the kit decals. I hurriedly removed the decals and now need to find replacements.

I have some spare red stars in assorted sizes but I need to find out the actual size of the stars that were applied to the real type 24 so as to choose the correct ones for the model.

Some idea of placement would be appreciated too.

Can anyone give me some advice?

One more thing. Am I correct in assuming that the framing of the windshield is natural metal?

Cheers,
Robert
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 03:08:26 PM »

Hi Robert,
you are right about the natural metal of the frames.
About stars, I don't know. Could you provide a link to some images of this plane?
Regards
Massimo
VelvetFrog66

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 03:29:08 PM »

Hi Massimo,

Thanks for the confirmation on the framing.

I was actually inspired to model this particular aircraft by images found on your VVS research site. Pictures of the aircraft in question are on the I-16 page.

http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/i16/i16painting/I16painting.htm

Scroll to the very bottom of the page.

Looking at the pictures again confirms my belief that the Eduard decals are not suitable for this aircraft.

Cheers,
Robert
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: