Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Undercarriage colours on LaGG-3?
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 04:24:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Undercarriage colours on LaGG-3?  (Read 3585 times)
VelvetFrog66

« on: March 01, 2016, 07:41:22 PM »

Hi.

One of the several kits  am working on is the 1:48 ICM Lagg-3. The instructions seem to indicate that the undercarriage legs and wheels are painted the underside colour but there is no specific colour call out.

The instructions do call for the wheel wells and the interior surfaces of the doors to be painted aircraft grey, presumably meaning A-14 steel grey.

Is this correct? Seems to me if the gear legs were underside colour the rest of it would be too. Like on the I-16 which I am also building.

I'm still in the early days of my interest in Soviet aircraft so don't yet have a good grasp on the painting practices.

Cheers,
Robert
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 09:47:29 PM »

Hi Robert,
I usually think to see a darker color both on the landing grar bays and legs of LaGG-3s. I suppose it is steel grey. Could be that wheel disks are green as on other types, but I am not sure of this.
Regards
Massimo
VelvetFrog66

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 01:59:33 PM »

Hi Massimo, thanks for the quick reply.

A-14 Steel grey it is for the wheel wells and gear. I might give the green a go for the wheels too. It will add some colour.

Thanks for your help on this and the many other questions I have been asking.

Cheers,
Robert
Markino

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 05:00:42 PM »

This is very interesting for me too. What kind of green for wheels is most indicated?

Ciao!

Marco

"If you want to get what you want
 you need to get rid of the need."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: