Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
photo gallery of Von Mackensen
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 11:31:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: photo gallery of Von Mackensen  (Read 5323 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« on: March 07, 2016, 06:34:10 AM »

Oleg Korytov has given this link:
http://von-mackensen.livejournal.com/367695.html
There are some interesting images of planes, including Po-2, Il-2, P-39, an interesting Yak-9  etc.
Regards
Massimo
Spitfire

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 10:59:02 AM »

Fascinating

Cheers

Dennis
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 09:03:46 PM »

That's interesting - all of these photos have been (and still are) offered for sale on ebay.de. I assume the current owner is getting rid of them (or at least selling prints from the negatives), and not that someone else is copying them from the von Mackensen site and selling the copies!

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 09:25:55 PM »

Hi John,
it would be interesting to look at the prints to see if the .jpg of the site is better or worse than them.
Regards
Massimo
AC26

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 10:27:56 PM »

Hi John,
it would be interesting to look at the prints to see if the .jpg of the site is better or worse than them.
Regards
Massimo
Hello Massimo,

Prints are sepia coloured fiber paper if I'm correct. Glossed picture side and sharp. I would say them as good quality prints which are better than those pretty good jpgs. Not uv-proofed yet.

Cheers,

AaCee
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 02:43:50 AM »

For comparison, here's the "interesting Yak-9", which I saved last week:

A photo of an Il-2 with some good details visible:

I checked ebay.de; now the photos are no longer posted; some (all?) of the postings were due to expire last night, though. If they reappear, I'll let you know!

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 03:07:53 PM »

Hi John,
the plane with the slogan is very interesting. I wonder if the slogan was on other planes of the line, of which we can read the code on the tail.
regards
Massimo
KL

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2016, 07:06:17 AM »

the plane with the slogan is very interesting. I wonder if the slogan was on other planes of the line, of which we can read the code on the tail.

Yes, it was...

regards,
KL
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2016, 10:59:11 AM »

Thank you. Interestingly, one of the planes is without its sliding hood.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: