Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Postwar Czekoslovak La-7
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 08:26:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Postwar Czekoslovak La-7  (Read 2892 times)
Dric

« on: October 25, 2016, 04:40:59 PM »

Hello All !

While searching for pictures and informations regarding the use of La-7 in the postwar Czechoslovak AF I noted that at least one machine was painted with a clear lightning as you can see here
on the third one.

Looking for more about this deco I pushed a little bit forward and found on Valka.cz another picture with equally a white lightning marked aircraft. This time is possible to associate a "bort" with a machine wearing this kind of deco

It seem that this picture come from Slovak archive.

Then I remember from my MBI lecture that Czech received some 3 guns La-7 (5 according to the La-7 monograph of MBI and Aero), and I would like to know if "09" could be one of them.
As I understood (maybe erroneously) only Zavod 381 built 3 guns La-7 and the serial nb for the aircraft delivered to the Czech (2nd Czechoslovak Fighter Air Regiment) from this plant were
3810565, 3810965, 3811165, 38111465, 3812764

If we apply the rule that the bort is composed by the last two or three digits of the serial nb, the "09" should be a "normal" La-7 with two guns, as no Zavod's delivered machine contain a last two digits in "09". 
In addition to this I found in the serial nb list a potential candidat with the number 45210809 (delivered to the 1st Czech Fighter Air Regiment).

And then come the sand grain.  Cheesy
This link contain a pdf file http://www.mil.sk/data/att/28259_subor.pdf with an intersting picture reproduced below

I think that this last picture also shows the "09" (cover on wheels, armament cowl removed and hanging steel belt).
For me, the part which is placed on the wing looks like the armament cowl, and  it seems to be as the one used on 3 guns La-7 (oblong bumps along the entire length of the cowl) instead of standard 2 guns one.

I will be very curious to learn more about this machine if anyone knows more.

My second concern will be about the colours (of course  Cheesy).
We can see on the wings that the "09" probably still wear his two colours upper livery, and that the fuselage was probably retouched to remove the red stars.
However, I'm still annoyed by the color of the bort (definitely not white) and the color of the spinner.

Thanks for reading and for any info or comment.

Dric
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 04:39:00 PM »

Hi Dric,
interesting research on plane 09.
As I understood (maybe erroneously) only Zavod 381 built 3 guns La-7 and the serial nb for the aircraft delivered to the Czech (2nd Czechoslovak Fighter Air Regiment) from this plant were
3810565, 3810965, 3811165, 38111465, 3812764

If we apply the rule that the bort is composed by the last two or three digits of the serial nb, the "09" should be a "normal" La-7 with two guns, as no Zavod's delivered machine contain a last two digits in "09". 
In addition to this I found in the serial nb list a potential candidat with the number 45210809 (delivered to the 1st Czech Fighter Air Regiment).

I am not sure, but seems that the code has to be read as 381 (factory)  xx (bort number) 64 or 65 (series). So, 3810965 could be the number of plane 09.

The shade of the numbers is unknown. The paint looks matt and uniform, marginally lighter than the AMT-7 blue. I suppose that the numbers were repainted with some light grey or yellow, perhaps it was too difficult to hide the stains with white paint by brush.  They seem to have preserved the supposed blue original outline.

Regards
Massimo
Dric

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 09:05:36 AM »

Thanks for the comments and the explanation about the bort Massimo.
By the way, the 11 behind the 09 could too be a 3 guns machine.

I tried to contact Slovak archives and will give more infos if possible.
Dric
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: